Crockpot chicken tortilla soup recipe – Easy and Budget Friendly!
The Crockpot chicken omelette soup recipe is the best comfort food and is very simple to make in the slow cooker. This recipe can feed a crowd and is very easy on the budget while it tastes amazing.
Crockpot Chicken Omelette Soup Recipe: There is nothing easier than this amazing
Crock Pot chicken omelette soup
. All the ingredients go into the slow cooker and that’s really all the work out there. This soup is loaded with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
Your clay pot does all the work and dinner will be ready and waiting. Make Crockpot tortilla soup easily in the morning and you’ll be ready when you get home from work.
All the ingredients are placed in the slow cooker for an amazing soup recipe. You can easily make this soup in your instant pot or on the stove. This recipe is perfect for a cold day, but to be honest, we like it at any time of the year.
You may also like this slow cooker creamy chicken omelette soup recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- Boneless boneless chicken breasts
- Diced tomatoes with green chili peppers (roasted tomatoes are also good
- chicken with onion and corn) Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
How to Make Chicken Omelette Soup
in the Clay Pot: Step
- 1 – Please Slow Cooker Ingredients – Mix everything in your slow cooker (not including chips, cheese and cilantro) in the morning.
- Step 2 – Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup: Cover and simmer all day (6 to 8 hours).
- Step 3 – Crush chicken – Once cooked, crumble the chicken and put it back in the cooking pot. Stir.
- Step 4 – Serve and enjoy – To serve, pour into a bowl, top with crushed tortilla chips or add tortilla strips. We also like to add grated cheese and fresh cilantro if you have it.
Tips for Crockpot chicken omelette soup
- Prepare in advance: You can prepare the ingredients in advance. You can easily place in a freezer bag and place in the freezer. You can even make this soup with frozen chicken.
- Cooking – We like to simmer for about 6 hours, but you can cook over high heat for about 4 hours if you prefer.
What to serve with chicken tortilla soup
This soup is perfect served by itself, but we like to serve it with a side of tortilla chips or crushed chips. You can even let your kids do the chip shredding, because that’s the best part of this dinner. My kids love this easy slow cooker soup.
It is really good with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top.
French fries and cheese
- – Every time we make this soup, I love having a side of chips and cheese. This cheese recipe is creamy, delicious and easy to make.
- Guacamole – A side of guacamole is perfectly served with this soup or to serve on top
- Salsa – French fries and salsa are an amazing side to
- – This jalapeno cheddar cornbread recipe would be delicious served with this soup. It gives this soup a little more kick because of the jalanpeno.
this soup recipe. Cornbread
- Chicken – We use chicken breast in this recipe, but you can easily use chicken thighs or chicken offerings. If you have leftovers of chicken or roast chicken, it can be easily added to this soup.
- No meat: You can even make this soup without the chicken for a hearty vegetable soup
- Beans – We use black beans in this recipe, but you can use any type of beans. Pinto beans would also be a good addition or substitute for this recipe.
- Change the seasoning: Instead of the seasoning in the recipe, replace them with a pack of taco seasoning or make a homemade taco seasoning
- can of enchilada sauce for flavor and a creamy broth
- Cream cheese – You can try making a slow cooker recipe of creamy chicken soup by adding cream cheese. Yum!
. Enchilada sauce – Add a
How to store leftovers: Refrigerate
any leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We really enjoyed this leftover soup as the ingredients are marinated together overnight, which makes it very tasty.
How to freeze chicken tortilla soup:
This recipe freezes very well. Sometimes I make a double batch of chicken tortilla soup to have the extra to freeze. The consistency is the same as the day you did it. Just reheat and you’ll have a delicious soup for those busy nights.
We like to freeze this soup in individual containers safe for freezing. This makes a perfect lunch for my husband. If you need tips and tricks on how to freeze soup, we have all the details here.
If stored properly, this soup will stay good for about 3 to 4 months
How to reheat:
We recommend heating leftovers on the stove. This ensures that it warms up well. This soup can be heated in the microwave in a microwave-safe container.
If you heat in the microwave, heat at 1-minute intervals until it heats up well.
How to thicken
this chicken tortilla soup:
The broth in this chicken tortilla soup is usually thin due to the chicken broth. But you can easily thicken the soup with cornstarch, flour or a roux.
We’ve even added some cream cheese for a creamier, thicker broth
We like to top off ours with crushed tortilla chips. Slow Cooker chicken tortilla soup is also good with tortilla strips made from corn tortillas.
Other ideas include:
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream Avocado
- Green onion
- Hot sauce
- Fresh lime
We’ve even used corn tortilla strips. You can easily do what you have.
This is the best chicken omelette soup!
Easy Crockpot Chicken Omelette Soup:
Your whole family will be impressed with this
healthy chicken tortilla soup slow
. It is loaded with delicious flavor. The ingredients are simple and always a favorite soup of the family.
Need an inexpensive soup to keep you warm this winter? Try our favorite Crock Pot Taco rice soup recipe made from leftovers.
The soup is only as good as it was the first time you make it. This soup can be changed to what you have on hand. The perfect soup for a weekday meal or to feed a crowd.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Omelette Soup Recipe: Easy Crock Pot Chicken Soup
- Recipe: Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe Easy
- Crock Pot
- Soup Crockpot
- Cinco de Mayo recipes Easiest recipes.
Chicken Soup Chicken