Crock Pot BBQ Beef Pot Roast – southern discourse
Get ready to enjoy a cozy and comforting pot roast with a delicious touch of barbecue! This easy BBQ beef roast recipe is slowly seasoned by chuck roast to crumble tender into a simple homemade barbecue sauce for juicy shredded BBQ beef that you can eat on sandwiches or as a main course.
This easy BBQ touch on the traditional roast creates a tender and tasty family meal that everyone will love. Spicy, salty, with the right amount of caramelized goodness, not to mention super convenient in the slow cooker, this will become one of your family’s favorite recipes!
RELATED RECIPE: Smoky Sweet Coffee Rub (for beef and pork)
And did I mention that drooling-worthy aroma while cooking? Yes, everyone is going to come running
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Get that outdoor food feeling with this BBQ shredded meat no matter the temperatures outside
- There are so many ways to serve it!
- On a bun like a barbecue sandwich
- Wrapped in an omelette
- rice or mashed potatoes Over
- to make a BBQ dinner salad)
- Stuffed in a loaded baked potato (This might be my favorite!)
a loaded green salad (
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- beef broth
- chopped garlic chopped onion
- dry mustard
- , dried parsley, salt and pepper
paprika dried parsley
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Pot Roast
Sear. Salt generously and pepper the roast and sit everywhere in a large cast iron skillet or in a Dutch oven.
sauce. In a large cup, whisk the tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, Dijon mustard, paprika, parsley and salt to create the barbecue-style sauce.
Simmer. Transfer the roast and drips from the pan to the clay pot. Pour the BBQ sauce over the roast. Simmer for 8-10 hours or over high heat for 4-5 hours.
blade. When the roast is tender, use two forks to crush the roast, add the cooked and thick BBQ sauce and serve.
src=”https://southerndiscourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/BBQ-POT-Roast-Pro-Tip-1.png” alt=”How to cook roasted beef in the oven.” />
Best Roast Meat to Use for Roasting
To make the best shredded barbecue beef roast, use a chuck roast. Sometimes called shoulder roast, or shoulder roast, it’s a less expensive roast cut with enough marbling for the roast to become tender and quite tasty as it cooks slowly over several hours.
More tips for making a tasty barbecue roast beef
- Don’t skip the scorching. I know it’s very easy to throw everything in a clay pot and walk away, but this extra step PAYS OFF in deep, rich flavor and color without taking much extra time. Once you get to yourself, you will never come back!
- Don’t drown the roast. The point is not to boil the meat, but to roast it. Sauce is just one ingredient to enhance the flavor. As a result. The roast should not swim in liquid, but sit in 2-2.5 inches of sauce.
- Make sure you cook it long enough. If the roast is hard when it’s time to crush it, it hasn’t been cooked enough to break down the connective tissue. Simply put the lid back in the clay pot and cook for an hour or so.
What to Serve with Shredded BBQ Beef
- macaroni or pepper salad Jack Mac n Cheese
- Sweet potato wedges
- salad South Creamy Apple or Cabbage Creamy South Corn
- Pasta Salad Hawaiian Baked Beans
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Easy Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
Make it ahead of time or freeze
This recipe is ideal to prepare in advance since the sauce, meat and all flavors have plenty of time to get comfortable. Simply cover and store in the refrigerator overnight, then put it back in the clay pot the next day with 1/2 – 1 cup of beef broth and heat over high heat for 1 hour.
It also freezes well. Simply cover leftovers tightly or put them in a zippered freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and follow the instructions above to heat.
More barbecue recipes to love!
Crock Pot BBQ
- Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot
- Cherry Cola
- Leaf Bread Nachos
- Whiskey Peach BBQ Meatballs BBQ
- Shredded Pork & Peach Pizza <
BBQ Pulled Pork BBQ BBQ BBQ
Shredded Pork &