Crock Pot Brisket Sandwich Recipe (VIDEO) – A Spicy Perspective
Clay pot breast (Texas BBQ) Sandwich Recipe: We’re crazy about this slow-cooker chopped breast recipe. It is tender, smoky and spicy-sweet.
“Crock Pot Brisket” />Crock Pot
I realize that the words Crock Pot + Brisket can seem shocking, especially if you live in Texas.
After all, all Texans know that the only way to make a good breast is to dry rub it and smoke it overnight in a trailer. well… Right?
The problem is that most people don’t own well trailers, smoking pits on the ground, or even electric smokers at home.
However, I’m here to tell you that you can make a Texas-style breast killer breast for breast sandwiches without a smoker. You can even do it in a slow cooker, in your small apartment in the city.
You just need to know a few tricks!
Spicy breast sandwiches When
was a kid, my dad often took me with him when he ran to the grocery store for my mom
There was a small run-down IGA market that we would visit, a couple of blocks from our neighborhood. Outside the IGA, just outside the front door, was a rickety wooden shackle selling Texas smoked barbecue. You could smell it a block from the parking lot.
It’s a little-known fact that some of the best barbecues in the world are located in Oklahoma, where I grew up. After all, it’s a state wedged directly between the dry country of Texas and the sticky, sweet territory of Kansas City.
Bring these two barbecue styles together and you have a beautiful thing.
But I get sidetracked… Those Saturday morning shopping trips with Dad are where I learned to love “Spicy Chop.”
For barbecue beginners, chopped
beef breast that swims in spicy barbecue sauce is often called a hot chop, at least in the Oklahoma/Texas region of the United States
Texas Chopped BBQ Beef is ultra tender and finely chopped into small pieces. You never crush it; It must be chopped!
Spicy Chop can be served on a barbecue plate with south sides, but is most often served on sandwich rolls with dill pickles.
It’s unlike anything you’ve tried.
Hot, smoky, sticky, slightly sweet, fatty in a good way, dripping with sauce, melting in the mouth, too moist for the bun, so it is better to eat quickly.
If you’ve never tried a Texas-style chopped breast sandwich… It’s time.
Slow cooker breast recipe
The keys to making an amazing Texas breast in the slow cooker are:
- Rub with spices (a dry massage) with a strong smoky essence.
- Slowly cook the breast for a long time … Until it is crushable.
For the spice mix, I like to use smoked paprika, because it has a fabulous smoky and sweet taste.
However, if you can’t find smoked paprika, you can use a combination of sweet paprika and liquid smoke.
As for the long time, this is a real “all day” slow cooker recipe. You really can’t cook it too much. The longer it is cooked, the more tender it becomes.
Brisket Recipe Ingredients
These Texas-style Crock Pot breast sandwiches are a must-have on the bucket list. They’re perfect for Super Bowl parties, weekend game nights, or any kind of casual gathering! Here’s
what you’ll need. .
- Beef breast: If you get a piece with a large slab of fat, you can trim some of the fat, but don’t remove it all!
- Brown sugar
- – Or use sweet paprika + liquid smoke
- Ground cumin
- Hot BBQ Sauce – Look for a brand made in Texas!
- brioche buns, or onion rolls are good choices.
- Dill pickles
Salt Cayenne pepper
Sandwich rolls: Hamburger buns,
How To Make Crock Pot Brisket
- Sandwiches Dry the Brisket. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and all the spices together. Rub the dry massage over the entire surface of the breast.
- Cook slowly all day. Place a large cooking pot. Place the breast in the slow cooker and place it on high heat for 6-7 hours, or on low heat for 11-13 hours.
- Chop chop! Once the breast is tender, place it on a cutting board and cut it into thin strips. Then chop the breast into thin pieces.
- Get spicy. Stir the minced meat breast back into the slow cooker. Add the spicy BBQ sauce to the slow cooker, stir and cover.
- Simmer some more. Slowly cook the spicy chop until ready to serve. When ready to eat, place the minced meat on buns and top with dill pickles.
Get the complete (printable) clay pot chopped breast sandwich recipe below. Enjoy!
<img src="https://i0.wp.com/www.aspicyperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Crock-Pot-Brisket-Sandwiches-Texas-BBQ-Beef-6.jpg" alt="
Can you freeze minced breast?
Absolutely! Placed in an airtight container, it can be frozen for up to 6 months. Once the meat in the slow cooker cools completely, store it in a gallon-sized freezer bag with the juices in the slow cooker to help keep the meat moist when reheated. Just be sure to allow the meat to thaw at room temperature before reheating, so the pieces don’t turn into porridge while you heat it.
What about preparing and preparing meals?
Chopped BBQ meat breast is a great prepared meal! Actually, as with most spicy dishes, the taste improves over time.
It will keep in the refrigerator for 7-10 days, and only needs to be reheated on the stove, in the microwave or again in the cooking pot.
Is the slow cook breast gluten-free and/or dairy-free?
yes! As long as the BBQ sauce you buy is gluten-free and/or dairy-free, the spicy chop is too.
should also buy gluten-free and/or dairy-free sandwich rolls, if you’re making ground beef sandwiches.
Can you bake Texas breast?
yes! In fact, we have a separate recipe for that:
Texas Baked Breast Recipe
this Texas ground beef? Try more Texas-inspired recipes
Texas King Ranch’s
- ultimate leafy pie
- King Ranch Texas Spicy Chicken Casserole
- Pete Vinaigrette
- Cowboy Caviar
- Spicy Bacon Burgers Share
this recipe with friends!