Slow Cooker Osso Buco with Gremolata (Tender + Delicious!)
This recipe from Slow Cooker Osso Buco is super tasty and tender. Serve on noodles, creamy polenta or mashed potatoes for the most delicious and surprising dinner.
Do you want to know one of the best sensations? Forgetting that you put something delicious in the cooking pot, doing your business, then entering the door being greeted with delight!!! That’s definitely happened to me before.
Because we’re all
stuck at home for the time being, we’re not going to be “surprised” by this dish, as we’ll probably be smelling and drooling it all day. But what will surprise us is how easy and simple it is to make this dish in the slow cooker.
And how incredibly delicious it is!
Osso Buco is such an impressive dish. With its rich sauce, falling from the fleshiness of the bone, and topping of tasty gremolata, garlic.
It’s hard to beat this one!
What is Osso Buco
- Buco is slow-cooked beef or veal that is simmered in tomato sauce. You can also use pieces of meat in this recipe.
How to make Osso Buco
There are two keys to this recipe: brown the meat before it enters the slow cooker and reduce the sauce before
Make sure you get a good brown on your beef pieces before they get into the slow cooker
To make things easier, you can brown your offspring the night before you plan to serve them. Then that morning, place them in your slow cooker along with the other ingredients. Lower the heat and cook for 6-8 hours.
All you need to do when you get home is prepare some creamy polenta, mashed potatoes, noodles or rice, reduce your sauce and prepare a quick gremolata of parsley, lemon zest and garlic.
Trust me, you don’t want to skip the gremolata. A pinch of this garlic and spicy herbal blend adds the perfect touch of shine at the end.
How long to slowly cook Osso Buco?
- Cook Osso Buco in the slow cooker in LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Tips for making slow cooker Osso Buco
- For a thicker sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water. Add that to your reduced, hot sauce mix until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- You can also prepare this dish using pieces of meat instead of beef.
Buco wine pairings
- I paired this Osso Bucco with a delicious Syrah
- This would also pair beautifully with a rich Italian wine like a Chianti Classico, Barbaresco or Barolo.
What to serve with it
- Creamy mashed polenta
- potatoes Cauliflower puree
- Arugula salad
- More → the BEST Italian
desserts If you loved this recipe from Slow Cooker Osso Buco, I would greatly appreciate it if you gave this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to take a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great plating and pairing recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
More slow cooker recipes Slow cooker Salsa Chicken /
- / Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Better than Botox” Bone broth
- Butter Chicken
Slow cooker Lamb curry Slow cooker “
Slow cooker Kung Pao Slow cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Slow cooker