Beef Stew in Half the Time! Served with Rice – 2 Sisters Recipes
YOU ARE READING: Beef Stew in Half the Time! Served with Rice – 2 Sisters Recipes AT Saophuongdong.net
Meat stew in half the time served with rice! This beef stew is the only meal you can count on that is always filling and satisfying, and when you serve it with rice or mashed potatoes to absorb that tasty sauce, it’s become the classic home-cooked meal at its best!
What is meat stew?
The tender pieces of beef are quickly browned on the stove, then simmered with red wine, beef broth, carrots, celery, onions, and sometimes with a few fry potatoes added. We like to serve it over a bed of steamed rice, and sometimes with creamy mashed potatoes. (It’s the best!)
Beef stew is an exceptional dish and makes this a perfect one-course meal!
This recipe will make a large pot of beef stew to feed a large and extra family for lunch the next day.
What’s even better? This meal will cost around $12.00 dollars for a family of four.
Our mothers and grandmothers made meat stew and it
took them hours to cook and simmer the stew only for the meat to soften and soil enough to eat it
When it comes to making beef stew, everyone has a family favorite and our mother’s recipe is delicious.
What does our beef stew do in half the time?
Always buy the best quality beef! When buying pieces of meat, we recommend buying the best quality beef, making sure the package says “Stew meat!”
This is the main reason to cut the time in half when cooking, but it will give you the most tender bite and it will not turn out to be hard and chewy
Keep in mind that you pay a few cents more, but it’s worth it. Less quality in the meat = more cooking time needed.
No need to spend hours cooking in the kitchen. This meat stew recipe is easily made on the stove and in a pot
Notes and cooking tips for success! First
, before you begin,
take the “stew meat” package out of the refrigerator and place it on your counter, allowing the meat to heat up to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before starting
You can steam some rice while preparing the stew. And keep it covered, so it’s ready for you when you serve it.
Red wine is the secret ingredient, as it lends itself to a tasty and delicious sauce. It’s fabulous! So don’t leave it out!
Vegetables are great in meat stew. You can even add some mini potatoes to this recipe, but we recommend adding them at least 15 minutes before it’s ready. Otherwise, you could end up with soft potatoes in the stew.
to make the sauce tastier and give it a creamier texture
Serve beef stew over a bed of rice and garnish with a pinch of freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, on the table.
Also, you can add a parmesan crust
Can we make meat stew in our
This recipe will definitely work with your slow cooker or slow cooker, as long as you first brown the meat and then add the rest of the ingredients. Then turn on your slow cooker and let it cook slowly for 4 to 6 hours.
Can we freeze meat stew?
Yes, you can. You can freeze for up to a month. Sometimes we make beef stew on a lazy Sunday and even double the recipe so we can reheat a bit overnight of the week and freeze a batch.
The meat stew is perfect served over a bed of rice or mashed potatoes to absorb that delicious tasty sauce
This is such a delicious meal. I bet your family will go crazy for this beef stew. And, when you’re cooking this stew, your whole house will smell like HEAVEN, and that will only bring everyone to the table, voila!
* Follow our step-by-step instructions, or jump to the bottom to get our complete recipe card!
Ingredients for meat stew in half the time! Served with rice
: 1+1/2 pounds
meat chuck (for stew) cut into pieces 2 inches or smaller
olive oil 2 tablespoons
2 cup red wine
carrots – peeled,
3 celery stalks – sliced
Optional: 1 pound fry potatoes – rinsed
4 cups all-natural meat broth
sprig of fresh rosemary
salt cracked black pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
4 cups steamed long-grain rice
butter 1/4 cup
How to make meat stew … (step by step)
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, add olive oil and butter.
2. Next, open your package of pieces of meat and, if necessary, you can cut each piece of meat in half. They usually come in large pieces, and I prefer to cut all the pieces into smaller pieces, this will also reduce the cooking time by half. Then lightly season the meat with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
3. On a small plate, place the flour. Dip each piece of meat in the flour and cover all sides. There is no need to dust off excess flour.
4. Light the heat under the pot and moderate the heat. Drop each piece of flour-coated meat into the pot with melted butter and oil.
5. Increase the heat to
medium heat and seal the meat to brown on all sides, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Pour the red wine and simmer for 2 to 4 minutes, and let the wine reduce a little. Using a wooden spoon, stir and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen the flour as the wine begins to thicken.
7. Finally, add all the vegetables, seasonings, meat broth, freshly chopped parsley and fresh rosemary. Bring to a low boil. Then lower the heat to a simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, you can add 1 or 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or flour to thicken the sauce.
Finally, take out a piece of meat to see if the meat is tender. If tender, turn off the heat. Fish and remove the rosemary sprig and discard it. Cover until ready to serve.
9. Meanwhile, in a medium pot, cook the rice, following the instructions on the package. When the rice is ready, pour some rice into the serving dishes, then create a well in the center of the rice and fill the center with a heaping spoonful of meat stew and sauce. Serve immediately.
tastier stew recipes
! Easy beef stew with wine, peas and
- Traditional Hungarian Goulash (the best goulash)
- Beans Tomato and potato stew
- Spring beef stew with peas Daddy’s
- favorite vegetarian Italian
… Also, try our Vegetable Meat Soup
in case you missed it
MOST POPULAR RECIPES OF THE WEEK:
- Spinach Ravioli with Asparagus Sauce
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Small Neck Clams in Wine and Garlic Broth
… Thanks for PINNING!! 🙂
Finally, your family can also enjoy our tasty slow-cooked beef breast in wine sauce, it’s so delicious with minimal prep work
Hello friends! Have you tried our beef stew recipe? Let us know and leave a comment with a star rating, your ideas and experience will help everyone who reads them, and they will help us too!
Follow us on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscription Box’ and be the first to get new recipes, every time we publish, and reminders of great older recipes too!