Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom Soup
Last updated on February 21, 2023 by Corinne Schmitt
This clay pot meat Stroganoff with mushroom soup cream is an easy and delicious weekday meal that the whole family will love! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s ready in no time!
If you love creamy recipes like this, then this instant chicken Tetrazzini can also be a great recipe for your family. Creamy, tasty and handsless, this recipe is sure to please your whole family!
One of the best things about making slow cookers is that beef is full of protein and is very filling. It is a delicious and hearty meal that will leave you satisfied.
Why I Love This
Easy and Delicious Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff with Mushroom Cream is a great weekday meal that the whole family will love! It’s made from a few simple ingredients, so it can be ready in no time.
Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fill the house with a delicious aroma
- It only requires a few minutes of preparation
If you love slow cooker recipes like this, then you can also enjoy this slow cooker Asian roast recipe
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this tasty recipe. All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local supermarket, which can save you time and money!
Meat stew meat – I like to save a little time and buy meat tips at the store
Mushrooms – I prefer to use fresh white mushrooms in this recipe.
Broth of substitutions
Beef broth actually works best in this recipe, but you can also use chicken broth if you’re in a pinch
Variations / Options / Add-ons
Here are a few ways you can customize this comfort food recipe
Red wine: If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add some red wine to the recipe. Just add it with the beef broth!
Vegetables: You can also add some green peppers to give it more flavor.
Rice: If you’re not a fan of noodles, you can also use rice for this recipe.
Necessary Equipment / Useful Tools
You just need a few simple cooking tools to help you make this hearty recipe
. Clay pot or slow cooker
- : You will need at least one slow cooker of 6 quarts or more
How to Make Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff with Mushroom Soup Cream
Making this simple meal is very easy. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll have a familiar and filling plate in no time.
Step 1: Add the main ingredients to the
slow cooker Add
all ingredients except egg noodles, parsley, cream cheese and salt and pepper
to a clay pot.
Step 2: Simmer
for 3 to 4 hours Put the heat
on low heat and cook for 3-4 hours, until the meat is fully cooked and so tender that it crumbles when thrown away with a fork.
Step 3: Add the cream cheese and cook the egg noodles Add the cream cheese and
let it melt completely while cooking
the egg noodles according to the package directions.
4: Stir the stroganoff Stir
entire slow cooker and then season with the parsley, salt and pepper
Serve over noodles
Serve the meat stew over the egg noodles.
I love serving a hearty meal like this with a plate of fresh vegetables like this recipe from Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables or homemade bread like this instant French bread recipe.
Here are some tips to help you make this slow cooker stroganoff recipe perfectly:
- Beef broth actually works best in this recipe, but you can also use chicken broth if you’re in Troubles.
- Add the cream cheese and let it melt completely. I like to cut cream cheese into pieces so that it melts quickly. Once the cream cheese is melted, stir well before serving over the noodles or rice.
- You can also serve this meat stroganoff over mashed potatoes if your family prefers.
- For easy cleaning, you can spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or you can use a slow cooker lining.
- If you’re not a fan of fresh mushrooms, you can use canned sliced mushrooms or leave them out altogether.
- Instead of beef stew, you can use sirloin or chuck roasts cut into strips to make this meal.
- If you don’t have meat broth on hand, you can also use meat broth.
- You can add more flavor to your broth by adding Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard or garlic cloves to the soup mixture.
- I prefer to use whole sour cream, but low-fat options would also work for this meal.
- If you’re not a fan of onions, you can leave them out and use a teaspoon of onion powder for the same flavor.
- Be sure to boil your pasta according to the package instructions before adding this delicious meat mixture on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about this easy clay meat stroganoff recipe? Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions for this recipe.
More Crockpot recipes
If you like slow cooker recipes, try these recipes:
- Veal Short ribs
- Crockpot Orange chicken
- Slow cooker Candied pecans
Ready to cook? Print the recipe card below or turn on cooking mode to prevent the screen from darkening while you’re still on your phone or tablet.