Slow Cooker Chilli Beef Brisket
If you’re a fan of spicy food but fancy trying something a little different, we’ll show you how to make the perfect slow-cooked chili meat breast!
This chili recipe actually goes back to the original ‘Tex-Mex’ roots, as it uses a cut of meat instead of minced (or ground) beef as we see in most British chili recipes. The beef breast is cooked slowly and slowly to produce tender, succulent pieces of meat topped with a fiery tomato and chili sauce.
The use of breast creates a huge difference not only in appearance, but also in taste. The breast has a true “meaty” taste that comes out beautifully in this recipe.
Combine this with a
Schwartz hot chili spice blend, which is a delicious blend of herbs and spices (and just the right amount of heat), and has a delicious and very easy to make chili meat breast. Ingredients in beef breast
with chili This is what you need. And yes, you can get all the ingredients at your local supermarket!
Best beef for
- chili – Beef breast is best because it becomes super tender and juicy after cooking slowly for hours. You can also wear baboon, skirt or shin. Basically, any of the harder cuts, fat and collagen in the meat will break down during cooking and increase tenderness.
- Spices – Mixture of Schwartz Hot Chilli recipes with meat.
- – Bouillon cubes or broth pots work well.
- Secret ingredients – A pinch of maple syrup and a tablespoon of coffee, for a rich, dark flavor in the sauce!
Overall, a fairly short list of ingredients.
Fall Apart Beef Brisket
Start by seasoning and burning the meat. Don’t be tempted to skip this step! The scorching initiates the Maillard reaction, which adds cubes of flavor to the breast. You definitely won’t want to miss this! Keep rubbing half of the spice mixture on the meat.
Next, combine everything in the slow cooker. And that’s it. Literally the easiest and tastiest chili on the planet!
You will know that the meat is cooked, since you can separate it without too many problems. If the meat is still struggling, cook it longer!
Once you have a beautiful shredded beef breast (try not to eat it all yet), stir it back in the slow cooker.
Why you can’t go wrong with this recipe:
- The breast is simmered, this really adds a fantastic depth of flavor! The breast is an indulgent cut of meat, so you don’t need to look at it like a hawk all day.
- Seasoning is easy: Because we use a pre-made spice mix, you don’t need to keep a bunch of spices ready in your cupboard, and it’s easy to put together in a short period of time.
What to serve with chili?
That’s why this recipe is so cool, it’s versatile! Here are some ideas:
- It’s a great dressing for nachos, stack the guacamole and sour cream and enjoy
- Serve with rice like any other chile con carne
- If you’re feeding a crowd, put a large bowl on the table and let people fill their own tacos or soft flour wraps. Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is great
What about leftovers?
On the rare occasions when you have some meat breast with chili left, then it can be stored in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container. Alternatively, it will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
When reheating, make sure it is very hot until the end!