Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Gravy with Campbell’s
This slow cooker roast recipe couldn’t be easier! Made with only 4 simple ingredients and slowly cooked to perfection! Serve with your favorite side dishes for the perfect idea for Sunday dinner.
Make it a hearty meal and serve with mashed potatoes, rolls and your favorite vegetables. I recommend Brussels sprouts!
- Quick Prep: I love that this recipe uses minimal ingredients and the preparation time is only minutes! Set it and forget it until you’re ready to eat
- Minimal Ingredients: Campbell’s made it easy with their Tavern Style Pot Roast sauce kit
- Meal preparation idea: Feed fewer people? I’ve got you! This recipe is ideal for a protein meal preparation. Use leftovers in tacos, sandwiches, and even salads!
If you’re new here, you’ll soon discover that I’m a super busy mom who is constantly on the lookout for quick and easy dinners that will be satisfying and filling for my family. The pot roast lands firmly at the top of the list! Something about a giant cut of meat that is slowly roasted to perfection is irresistible and hard to pass up.
I’ve struggled to achieve the perfect balance of flavors, but thanks to Campbell’s I don’t have to worry anymore. Thanks to their new line of cooking sauces, I have almost endless options to help you get a flavorful meal in an instant. Our favorite? Without a doubt, the tavern style pot roast Slow Cooker.
What you need:
Campbell’s sauces really are a great way to serve a great daily meal that’s impressively delicious, especially the one that took you as little as 5 minutes to plan. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started
- Chuck Roast: Can You Choose a Different Beef Roast to Use? Absolutely. However, we really love a chuck roast. It has fat marbling that helps make cooked meat incredibly juicy and tender.
- Campbell’s Tavern Style Pot Roast Sauce: This roasted sauce combines the delicious flavor of soft, savory mushrooms with garlic and beer for an easy and delicious addition to any meal. This versatile seasoning is an ideal quick and convenient pan sauce or a tasty addition to your favorite slow-cooking foods.
- Cornstarch and water: If you like salsa, this is a delicious addition to the recipe! I use the leftover juices to make a quick brown sauce that is worthy of fainting.
How to Roast
Pot on a Slow Cooker
- PREPARATION: Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray, I really love avocado oil because it’s low in flavor and a little healthier
- SLOW COOKING: Place the chuck roast at the bottom of the pan and top with a whole bowl of Campbell’s Tavern Style Pot Roast sauce. Simmer for 8 to 10 hours, or until roasting begins to crumble.
- SAUCE: Remove the roast to a serving plate. Strain the remaining juices into a medium pot and whisk with water. In a small bowl, stir 1 tablespoon of water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch until dissolved. Beat in the pan with the drips. Heat until boiling, stirring consistently, and cook until lightly thickened. Serve over potatoes and meat.
- Slow cooker: This recipe works best with a larger pot. I use a 7-quart clay pot (affiliated) that fits perfectly to everything.
- : This recipe requires minimal preparation, but one of the steps is to cut meat and vegetables. A good set of cutting boards (affiliate) is a game changer.
- : A sharp knife will save you from kitchen mistakes. I really love my misen (affiliate). It’s sturdy and sharp, which makes me clean cuts every time.
Sharp chef’s knife
Still hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
Sharing is caring!