Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe – Eating on a Dime
The slow pot creamy chicken omelette soup recipe is the best comfort food. Loaded with shredded chicken in a creamy broth with tons of Mexican flavor, this soup is sure to be a family favorite.
Crockpot Creamy Tortilla
This soup is one of our favorite soups to enjoy once the weather gets cool or really year-round! I have been known to arrange this on cool autumn days and rainy summer afternoons.
Any time is a great time to enjoy this easy chicken omelette soup recipe. It’s so easy and really delicious!
Each bite is filled with tons of flavor and is very filling. We really love this easy soup.
The creamy clay pot chicken omelette soup is so easy to make!
This recipe is one of the easiest food ideas. If you can pour the ingredients into the slow cooker, you can make this meal.
Let the slow worker do all the work and go home for dinner ready to enjoy! It’s the perfect meal for busy nights of the week when you’re running away from work and activities.
This easy creamy chicken omelette soup can feed a crowd on a budget!
This meal requires very little work to put together. In addition, this recipe only requires 3 chicken breasts.
You can really stretch your meat budget with recipes like this. Stretch that meat into a delicious soup that can easily feed a crowd or your hungry family.
The chicken is shredded with all the other tasty ingredients for a hearty and filling meal. In fact, you can even add extra corn or chicken broth to help stretch this meal further.
It’s so easy to make, and very frugal friendly. This soup really stretches your chicken because you don’t need much and is full of flavor.
You can also chicken thighs in this soup instead of chicken breasts. I often only use what is for sale.
You will need a clay pot.
You need a clay pot to make this easy soup recipe.
If you’re looking for something new, I really love this Instant Pot Aura. The good thing about this is that you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker, which is very convenient.
It is very useful to have a pan to clean. It has become one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great, but any slow cooker will work for this recipe.
What ingredients are needed?
- Chicken breasts – Chicken thighs would also work for this recipe. Chicken
- You can use water if you don’t have broth on hand, but I really recommend the broth when making soups, as it adds a creamy and delicious flavor
- Green Chilies – Overall, I used canned but fresh diced would also work.
- Corn – Frozen or canned corn is needed for this recipe. If you use preserves, be sure to drain it first.
Seasoning for tacos –
- I use homemade seasoning for tacos, but a package will also work
- Sour cream – This gives the soup that is creamier. You can use plain Greek yogurt instead for a lower calorie count.
- Cheddar cheese – I recommend crushing yours over using pre-grated as it melts more evenly in
- Cilantro and tortilla strips – Both are optional to top the soup, but both add a delicious flavor that I recommend not skipping them. Also, I love the crunch that tortilla strips add to this soup.
How is creamy chicken omelette soup made
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and top with everything except sour cream and grated cheese. Cover and
simmer for 6-8 hours. You can cook over high heat for 3-4 hours if you prefer.
Shred the chicken once everything has finished cooking and place it back in the slow cooker.
Now, it’s time to add the sour cream and grated cheese. This is what makes everything so creamy and delicious.
Cover and cook until everything melts and mixes. This usually takes around 15-20 minutes.
It’s really easy that easy to make this delicious and
What to serve with the creamy clay pot chicken omelette soup?
This soup is great served as an
appetizer or main course. If
you’re serving this soup as an appetizer, I love serving it with my favorite tacos, burritos, or quesadilla
If you’re serving it as a main course, I usually top it with my favorite ingredients and serve it with my favorite homemade roll recipe.
Top ideas for
chicken tortilla soup:
Here are some of my favorite ingredients for this soup.
- Grated cheese
- sour cream
- strips, crushed tortilla chips or pieces of corn tortillas
- green onion
- diced tomatoes
- lime cilantro
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. You can also freeze these leftovers for up to 3 months.
Can it be frozen before doing so?
Yes, you can. However, you would put everything but sour cream and cheddar cheese in a freezer bag by freezing the ingredients together.
Then all you have to do is pour the ingredients from the freezer bag into your clay pot and dinner will be easy. Then, simply add the sour cream and cheddar cheese at the end of the cooking time.
Use cream cheese
- – You can use cream cheese instead of sour cream in this recipe to make a creamy, cheesey soup.
- – You can add your favorite type of beans. Black beans, pinto beans or any white beans would be delicious in this soup. I love beans, tripe, and the chicken combination in any soup.
- Use a different type of cheese. – I love using cheddar cheese in this recipe, but Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese (for a little) kick would be delicious in
this soup too.
Print this slow cooker creamy chicken omelette soup recipe below
Try these other easy clay pot soup recipes
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
- Black Bean Cilander
- Easy Clay Pot Filled Pepper
- Crockpot Creamy Taco Soup Creamy
- Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crock
- Ham and Potato Soup Clay Pot Recipe Slow
Soup Easy Clay Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe Chicken Vegetable Soup
Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe Easy Creamy
Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
Lentil Soup Recipe