Crockpot Chicken and Zucchini Recipe – Eating on a Dime
Crock Pot Chicken and Zucchini Recipe is an easy slow cooker meal that is inexpensive and delicious. Try this healthy recipe for a dinner idea that your family will go crazy about.
CrockPot Chicken and Zucchini Recipe: This chicken and zucchini recipe
is the perfect meal to strain extra vegetables to your family. The ingredients are simple and the tomato sauce really brings this recipe together.
Now, at first I doubted about zucchini and whether my kids would really like it. However, the delicious tomato sauce and hearty chicken pair perfectly with zucchini to make a meal that even your kids will gobble.
Serve the chicken and zucchini clay pot recipe over pasta and a side of garlic bread and you will have a complete idea of the food. This is the perfect weekday meal that I know your family will love.
- Chicken breasts
- Marinara sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
You can have a delicious dinner with just a few simple ingredients. I know your family will love this meal and it’s not complicated at all.
This is economical, delicious and very quick and easy to make.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken and Zucchini
- Step 1 – Add Ingredients to the Slow Cooker – Add chicken in your slow cooker. Add in the onions and seasoning and that will really give the chicken a great flavor.
- Step 2 – Top with Marinara – Put the marinara sauce on top and let it simmer all day.
Step 3 –
- Cook slowly – Simmer for 5-7 hours or over high heat for 2.5-3.6 hours until chicken is well cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- – Add the sliced zucchini. Cover and cook over high heat for 60 minutes until zucchini are tender.
- – Top the food with the grated Parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer until cheese melts.
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy.
Step 4 – Add the zucchini
Step 5 – Top with cheese
What to serve with slow-cooker chicken and zucchini
: This slow cooker recipe is great for serving as it’s a low-carb option. But you can easily add a few sides to complete the meal.
- Pasta – I like to serve with a side of rigatoni pasta to serve the chicken, tomato sauce and zucchini on top
- Garlic bread is a delicious side and this allows you to get every last drop of the delicious sauce
- Cauliflower Rice – Make a side of cauliflower rice for an easy low-carb option. This would even be delicious with white rice.
- Salad – Make a large salad for an easy light side that everyone will enjoy.
. Garlic bread –
Substitutions and additions
- Change the seasoning: We use a mixture of Italian seasonings, but you can easily add more onion powder, garlic powder or a little soy sauce
- Add vegetables – This recipe can be made with a variety of vegetables. Add other vegetables such as broccoli or peppers. Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Chicken – We use boneless and skinless chicken breast, but you can easily use chicken thighs or chicken offers
- Skillet – Sauté chicken and zucchini by cooking chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in olive oil, then add the sauce and zucchini and dinner is done in less than 30 minutes.
- Ingredients for cooking – Cook chicken with seasoning and marinate sauce over low heat. Then add the zucchini in the last 60 minutes. This allows the chicken and ingredients to cook and the zucchini not to become soft.
- Crush chicken – Once the chicken has finished cooking, place the cooked chicken in a bowl and crumble with two forks or a hand mixer. This is a quick way to crush chicken.
- Add cheese – Feel free to cover the chicken-zucchini mixture with cheese and let it melt in the slow cooker. You can also cover each place with cheese.
How to store:
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chicken and zucchini dish is easily reheated in the microwave. It’s even better the next day, as the ingredients actually marinate together.
Add a side of rice or noodles and store it in an individual bowl for a quick lunch idea.
Can you freeze the chicken and zucchini recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken and zucchini recipe. You can freeze the mixture before cooking it or after it has been cooked. Place it in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and place it in the freezer.
If you freeze before cooking, you wouldn’t add zucchini until cookie day. The texture of zucchini may change during the thawing process.
If stored properly, frozen food will last about 4 months. When ready to serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in a pan or microwave.
Print Slow cooker chicken
recipe: More clay pot chicken
: Easy clay pot
- clay pot
- Alfredo chicken recipe
chicken recipe Slow cooker choking chicken recipe Easy