Avocado Salsa Recipe – Cooking Classy
Why eat tomato sauce when you can add avocados to the mix? This avocado sauce is incredibly delicious and easy to make!
For this recipe, you will chop tomatoes, avocados, red onions, cilantro, jalapeños and garlic and mix it all together with some fresh lemon juice and oil and you will have a chip sauce that no one can resist! Minimal ingredients but you get tons of fresh flavor.
Fresh avocado sauce
This is basically guacamole and salsa. Fresh avocado sauce has the flavors of guacamole, but more of a texture similar to a thick sauce.
It’s perfect as tortilla chip sauce, or you can add it to salmon or chicken or layer it over your taco salad or add it to your taco lettuce wraps. It would also be great in tortilla soup!
What I mean is that you need to try this thick sauce recipe. It’s so tasty, so creamy, so filling and so versatile. A basic homemade sauce recipe for sure!
To give you an idea of how much I liked this avocado sauce, let’s say it ruined my dinner plans today. I made chicken tacos, but before dinner I sat down to eat this and ate so much that I wasn’t even hungry for dinner in the slightest.
Oh well, it was definitely worth it! I started eating it with potato chips, but it was so good that I got rid of the fries and ate it by the spoonful. And I don’t feel guilty about that because I just look at all the healthy ingredients in the recipe.
Fresh ingredients full of nutrients. You’re going to love this!
This is a great sauce recipe to have for summer too with all summer outdoor meals. It will easily be the first thing to go! We all love those ultra-creamy, silky-smooth avocados and their appealing flavor.
Avocado sauce ingredients
For this guacamole sauce recipe, you’ll need:
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion
- Avocados Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
<img src="https://www.cookingclassy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/avocado-salsa-step2+srgb..jpg" alt="Add lemon and olive oil to
avocado sauce bowl” />
How to make avocado sauce
- Prepare the vegetables (sow and cut the tomatoes, cube the avocado, etc.).
- in a large bowl
- Pour the dressing over the sauce and mix to combine
- Serve with chips or favorite Mexican dish.
Place the avocado sauce ingredients
Does this avocado sauce keep well as leftovers?
This fresh sauce will last a couple of days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. Over time, the tomatoes will release more juice and the avocado will begin to brown. However, it will be okay to eat!
Can I add more vegetables to this sauce?
Of course! Grilled corn would be another great vegetable to add to this avocado sauce. You can add any additional ingredient you want, but you may need to adjust the amount of dressing you add to this sauce.
Tips for the best homemade sauce
- If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, you can definitely skip the jalapeños. And if you like it spicier you can leave it in the seeds or even use spicier peppers such as serrano or habanero.
- Planting tomatoes is very important, otherwise a lot of liquid accumulates at the bottom of the bowl.
- This homemade sauce is the best fresh, so I don’t recommend doing this ahead of time if you have guests coming.
<img src="https://www.cookingclassy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/avocado-salsa3-edit+srgb..jpg" alt=
“Easy to make avocado sauce” /> More sauce recipes
- Baked cinnamon sugar sparkled fruit
sauce How to make Salsa Verde
Mexican recipes to try:
- Salmon with Mango Sauce
- Grilled Cilantro and Lime Sauce with Salsa
- of Avocado Grilled Cajun chicken
- Jerk corn sauce Chicken with mango Avocado
- Chicken enchiladas with green sauce