Healthy Chicken Piccata
This healthy piccata chicken recipe should happen in your kitchen. Just saying.’ It is made with lemon, capers, white wine and parsley and is an easy and delicious and healthy version of the classic Italian chicken with lemon.
/>1 lemon 1 pound boneless,
- skinless chicken breasts
- cup all-purpose flour
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- ground pepper
- tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- large sweet onion, sliced
- garlic clove,
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- teaspoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup
- chopped parsley
chopped 1 cup
1/4 cup dry white wine 4
A note about buying chicken breast chops Many of the stores sell
chops chicken, and if you can find them, they work great. No cutting is required. Cutting the chicken with fideladura or using chops means you don’t have to crush the chicken with a meat mallet. Using thin chops like that will make the chicken cook very quickly.
Step by step instructions for making
Frequently asked questions for
this recipe What to serve with
- I love serving whole grain spaghetti or angel hair paste with this recipe. For a gift, add a non-alcoholic cocktail to make it a little more special.
- If you don’t have grains, you can use cauliflower rice, or even buy frozen and heated cauliflower rice!
- I love the taste of vegetables, especially bitter vegetables like a salad made with endive and mustard dressing or sautéed chard
- Our classic garden salad or Caesar kale salad Lacinato would be great salads to serve with this.
- If you’re serving this chicken piccata to company, make this maple icing apple pie, which is a great dessert to prepare.
- this recipe is made with boneless chicken breast, which is incredibly lean, you can dry it out very easily when you
- I think the best way to reheat it is to use the microwave. Just be sure to pause and stir and/or flip the chicken pieces into the sauce so that it warms evenly.
- very hot to make sure it’s safe for food. Read more about chicken food safety and to learn the best way to thaw chicken breast.
- If you don’t have a microwave, you can reheat this chicken piccata on the stove in the nonstick pan with lid. Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chicken broth to dilute the sauce. Heat it over medium heat and be sure to stir and flip the chicken pieces as it begins to simmer along the edges.
Make sure it’s
More healthy chicken
- Thinly sliced chicken is used to make this gluten-free healthy Parmesan chicken recipe
- We used ground chicken instead of beef (or pork) to make the dumplings in this Italian wedding soup.
- These baked chicken deals are always popular with kids!
- Chicken Divan doesn’t have a reputation for being healthy, but we’ve managed to make it healthier and it’s still delicious and rich tasting.
- If you like simple recipes, this 5-ingredient chicken thigh recipe with honey and mustard is excellent. We remove the skin to reduce saturated fats and calories.
- a creamy makeover for reducing fat and calories and is also loaded with extra vegetables
- Serve this healthy chicken Paprkia on zucchini noodles to make it even healthier!
This healthy king chicken is
Thanks for reading! If you’re new here, you might want to sign up for my email list or follow me on Instagram to keep up with the latest posts. If you make this recipe, go back and let me know how you like it by leaving a rating and review.
PIN THIS RECIPE
more classic recipes: Made Healthy
- My Turkey Meatloaf has received rave reviews! If you try, let me know too!
- This fast Minestrone has an ancient Italian flavor cooked over low heat that you will love. It’s naturally vegetarian and without Parmesan on top, it’s truly vegan!
- This slow cooker chicken cacciatore is another Italian classic you’ll love
- My spinach-filled shells have a secret healthy ingredient, but no one will know!