Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Greek Chicken – Wholesomelicious
This easy Greek Instant Pot chicken has so many flavors and textures, it is sure to become a weekday staple. You’ll love how easy it is to make it in the slow cooker or instant cooker with less than 10 minutes of prep time! It’s a great addition to your weeknight as a healthy one-pan meal.
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Greek Chicken is exactly the evening meal you want right now. As a nutritionist, I love creating a healthy dish that is loaded with delicious flavor. This recipe keeps you satisfied and loaded with vegetables and nutrients! It’s low carb, keto-friendly, but totally loaded with flavor.
love this recipe:
I love this Greek chicken for many good reasons:
- instant pot or slow cooker for an easy 1-pan dish that requires very little prep work. I like to cook hands-free. My Instant Pot dinners are the most popular!
- All additions to the recipe. Artichoke hearts, roasted and marinated red peppers, olives and fresh herbs.
- I’m a bit obsessed with acidic food, can you say? I love the acidity of lemon and vinegar, and there’s certainly no shortage in this dish!
- My kids went crazy about this. It might have helped that he served it over potatoes (a favorite side for both).
- It’s Paleo and Whole30, making it a healthy dish to serve in January (or any month of the year).
Instant Pot for victory!
Did you know that I have become the Instant Pot helpline? It’s pretty funny, really. Not a day goes by that one of my friends or family doesn’t call me or text me asking me questions about troubleshooting their beloved appliance
And to be clear…… I don’t know the answers!!! My favorite question is, “Did you read the manual?”
This is usually followed by, “Why would I do that?”
In other words, I will call you every time this happens. Thank you friends….Thank you!
So here we go today, with a new Instant Pot recipe that I hope is absolutely FOOLPROOF!!! A recipe that I hope is absolutely perfect for you, as it is for me. And one that will require ZERO phone calls or text messages…
Instant Pot Greek Chicken with all the goodies.
to make Greek chicken Instant Pot
These are the ingredients you’ll need. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list! These are mainly dried vegetables and herbs.
- Chicken thighs
- Garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Jar of roasted red peppers
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Olives or capers
- Red onion
- Chicken broth
- wine vinegar
- Lemon juice Dried
- Feta and fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Avocado oil or
Another recipe of
setting it and forget it I love!
- With chicken thighs in this recipe, you’d better sauté/seal the chicken before adding the rest of the ingredients
- Once we sauté the chicken for a few minutes, cover with all the vegetables. Then we create a sauce with broth, dried herbs, vinegar and lemon. Pour over and let cooking begin!
- When cooking is complete, you will thicken the sauce with arrowroot (or tapioca) starch. Serve with fresh basil, maybe mint and some feta cheese if you eat dairy!
Serve and store:
Several ways to serve this dish, too. I mentioned that we ate this about potatoes, made a spiral with mine and roasted it in the oven with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
I have also enjoyed on top of my roasted potatoes. You can also serve rice with rice or cauliflower. I think it would be perfect with my Easy House salad or cauliflower rice tabbouleh!
You can store this in the fridge for up to a week. This is also a dinner that you can freeze for up to 3 months.