Slow Cooker Pork Casserole – Liana’s Kitchen
This slow cooker pork casserole is loaded with flavor and can be easily customized to your liking
Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to make a tasty pork casserole in a
slow cooker. <img src="https://lianaskitchen.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/slow-cooker-pork-casserole.jpg" alt="
slow cooker pork casserole
How to Make a Pork Casserole in a
This slow cooker recipe is easy to prepare with simple ingredients
Depending on what you serve with it, there should be enough pork casserole to serve between 4 and 6 people
For more concise instructions and printing, head over to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Ingredients of slow
- Pork – I used 750 g of diced pork. The best cuts to use are pork shoulder and pork leg.
- Onions and garlic – I used 2 onions and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Mustard – I used 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, but you can also use English mustard.
- Chopped tomatoes and tomato puree: I used a 400 g can of chopped tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of tomato puree.
- Vegetables: You can use any combination of vegetables you have available. I used 2 carrots and 2 leeks that weighed about 500g when prepared.
- Herbs: There are many herbs you can add to pork; I used 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs and 2 bay leaves.
- Broth – I used 150 ml of vegetable broth made from 1 pot of broth.
Make a pork
casserole in a
slow cooker – Step by step
I do not burn the pork before adding it to the slow cooker; I prefer to add all raw whenever possible.
Prepare all the ingredients by chopping the onions, crushing the garlic and chopping the carrots and leeks (or the vegetables you are using).
Add all ingredients to the
slow cooker and stir gently until everything is combined.
Put the slow
cooker on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours
At the end of the slow cooking time, pork should be cooked thoroughly and vegetables tenderized.
The ingredients will have released enough liquid during the cooking time to produce a tasty sauce.
If the sauce is too liquid, you can thicken it by adding a teaspoon of cornmeal with a tablespoon of water at room temperature
Alternatively, add some sauce granules. I used meat sauce granules, but you can use pork sauce granules if you have them.
What to serve with a pork casserole
There are many delicious sides to serve with a pork casserole, from creamy mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables to couscous or rice. Freezing the pork pot
To freeze a pork casserole, allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 months and thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How to reheat a pork
To reheat a pork casserole, transfer it to a baking dish or container and heat it in the oven to 180 ° C for about 25-30 minutes until it heats up. Alternatively, you can heat it in the microwave.
More slow cooker pork
- Pork chilli Peanut
- cooker pork
pork Slow cooker Pork shoulder Slow cooker
pork I hope you like this slow
; Let me know in the comments if you end up doing it!