Crockpot Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe – Eating on a Dime
This burger and potato casserole recipe is just amazing! Everyone loves it. This potato and ground beef casserole is so simple that you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
Clay pot burger pot pot
My family loves this easy clay pot burger pot pot casserole. I love that it has simple ingredients that we always have on hand. The combination of ground beef, potatoes and cheese make the perfect comfort food any day of the week.
This hearty food is prepared quickly and my children devour it when I prepare it. I love making stews. With my big family it has made dinner time much easier. They are great because you can throw everything in the clay pot or in a casserole dish and dinner is ready.
We love slow cooker recipes and this is no exception. Because it’s so easy to do, I think we have it at least twice a month. If you want to try a pan recipe that’s similar, try Hamburger Hash Recipe.
Can you put raw ground beef in a slow cooker?
This is probably the question I get asked all the time. The short answer is yes and sometimes! I use ground beef in the clay pot all the time. It’s in some of my favorite clay pot recipes.
For this recipe,
I pre-give ground beef, as breaking it would destroy the potatoes in this casserole recipe. However, there are many recipes that I do not pre-gild.
My most popular is this clay pot taco meat. All ingredients are thrown raw and it is not necessary to pre-brown the meat. However, it’s best to remember that when you’re not pre-browning ground beef, you’ll want to use a lean cut of beef so there’s not a lot of fat in the clay pot.
Ok, you won’t believe how simple it is to make this recipe. This is all you need to create this simple casserole recipe!
- Mushroom cream
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheese – we use cheddar cheese, but any kind would also be great
How to make a
slow cooker Camburger Potato casserole:
- First brown the ground beef and set
- Then peel and cut the potatoes and also set aside. We use this easy mandolin slicer to cut our potatoes quickly.
- Then, in a bowl, combine the mushroom soup cream, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Next, spray the clay pot with a nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese in the clay pot casserole. Then repeat until all ingredients are layered. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- Then turn off the clay pot and let it cool slightly (about 10 minutes). This will allow the casserole to thicken.
- Cut and serve with your favorite vegetable!
My kids love to eat topped with sour cream.
Can I use a different type of potatoes?
Yes, you can use different types of potatoes. Usually, we will use what we have.
- Russet potatoes – what we usually
- Yellow gold
- Frozen hashbrowns – You can use crushed or diced variation ideas
This recipe is classic and then you can easily change it to make it your own. It tastes similar to potatoes au gratin with meat mixed! Here are some ideas for changing this recipe to work for your family.
- Try using ground chicken or ground turkey. Sometimes these are more affordable than ground beef and still taste great in this recipe.
- This casserole would be great with ground sausage. You can mix spicy and soft sausages.
- Replace potatoes with frozen potato chips. I use the shredded hash browns and still cover this with the other ingredients. If you used shredded hash browns, you would reduce the cooking time by an hour.
- Add your favorite vegetables to make it a pot meal! Green beans or peas would be delicious mixed with this casserole recipe.
- We love to add some crispy bacon. My family loves bacon, so mixing it into this casserole takes it to the next level.
What to serve with the
crockpot burger casserole
This hamburger potato casserole is easy to make and tastes great. It’s perfect for summer because you don’t have to turn on the oven, but I know we’ll love it in winter too.
We always like to serve this casserole with one side. Here are some of my favorites:
- Serve with a steamed broccoli salad
- (see howto steam broccoli in the microwave easily) and dinner is that easy!
- Toasted green beans are always a family favorite.
Print recipe for clay pot burger casserole recipe: More clay pot burger recipes: Clay pot macaroni and cheese recipe Slow
- Crock Pot Hash Burger Brown Casserole
hamburger helper recipe
<img src="https://www.eatingonadime.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/CP-Hamburger-Potato-Casserole-Pin-3.jpg" alt="This