buy a plan. get protection for every eligible trip in the next 365 days. it’s that simple.
- the two-week tour of Tuscany? yes.
- the beach rental in July? yes.
- the train ride to see your sister? yes.
- even the last minute cruise to cozumel? yes!
True to its name, an alltrips annual travel insurance plan can protect all your trips: spontaneous or planned, long or short, business or pleasure, international or domestic. Here’s everything you need to know to get the most out of multi-trip insurance.
> get a personalized quote for annual travel insurance
why buy annual travel insurance?
- an annual travel insurance plan saves you money. Are you planning three or more trips in the next 365 days? if so, then an annual plan will likely be cheaper than insuring each trip separately. You can check the numbers yourself: get travel insurance quotes for single and multi-trip plans now.
- The more you travel, the greater the risk of something going wrong. Even the best-planned trips can be ruined by circumstances beyond your control: major storms, traffic jams, flight delays, a bad fall, a family emergency. Frequent travelers know that trouble is inevitable, and when it does happen, travel insurance can save the day.
- An annual plan protects trips you wouldn’t normally insure. Let’s say you rent a cabin in the mountains for a weekend trip, for a total cost of about $250. “Is it worth buying travel insurance?” you ask yourself. it’s just a short trip and you don’t want to spend extra money… but if you have to cancel at the last minute, you’ll lose everything you spent. having annual travel insurance means you never have to make that decision. all your trips, short or long, near or far, are covered, as long as your destination is 100 miles or more from home.
- Annual travel insurance protects every trip as soon as you book it. To maximize your window of coverage, the best time to purchase travel insurance is immediately after making your travel arrangements. but in real life, people procrastinate. you can wait a few weeks to secure your trip. you can even forget about buying insurance until you’re about to leave. That means your investment won’t be protected in the event of a last-minute cancellation, and you may lose coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. when you have an annual plan, you don’t have to worry. Trip cancellation benefits start on your plan effective date, as long as we receive your premium before you cancel your trip or file a claim.
- Annual travel insurance may include rental car coverage. Each alltrips plan includes up to $45,000 in rental car damage and theft coverage, whether you’re traveling in the u.s. uu. or internationally. This means big savings because car rental insurance can be a significant expense, especially in Europe. (Damage and Theft coverage for rental vehicles, when purchased as part of an annual plan, is not available to residents of KS, TX and NY. For WA residents, Damage and Theft coverage may rental car may not be available on all plans, see your plan details for additional information.)
- all of our annual plans include emergency medical benefits. While all the benefits of travel insurance are valuable, the most important are those that help you during a medical crisis. Emergency medical and dental benefits can reimburse you for covered medical expenses in the event of a covered illness or injury. emergency transportation benefits can pay for a medically necessary evacuation after a covered illness or injury. If you don’t have insurance, getting sick or injured abroad can be catastrophic and costly.