How to get dental insurance with no job

When you’re short on money and between jobs, you often start to see where the budget can be cut. maybe that means canceling cable, putting a gym membership on hold, or putting your social life on hold until you’re a little more financially stable. but sometimes we don’t have a choice in what is cancelled, like with dental insurance. If you signed up for dental insurance through your employer and lost your job, that means you also lost your coverage.

Just because you’re unemployed doesn’t mean your oral hygiene should suffer, or that you should pay an arm and a leg to take care of your teeth. Take a look at these low-cost and no-cost alternatives to dental insurance that are available to you.

Reading: How to get dental insurance with no job

federal and state dental programs

Depending on your financial situation, you may qualify for one of these federal or state dental programs.

community dental programs

The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is a program run by the federal government that provides free or low-cost health care and other services to economically disadvantaged people across the country. You can find a community program near you by visiting hrsa.gov.

free dental clinics

another option if you live in arizona, maryland, pennsylvania or texas, is to visit the mission of mercy. The group provides free dental care to, among other things, the uninsured and underinsured through mobile clinics.

See also: How to file an appeal for health insurance claim

obamacare dental insurance

The Affordable Care Act, also commonly known as Obamacare, offers sliding-scale pricing based on where you live, your household demographics, and expected family income. You can visit healthcare.gov to learn more about waivers and assistance, as well as plans in your area. To get dental insurance through the Marketplace, you’ll also need to purchase health insurance there.

See also  Synvisc Coupon & Prices - Cost 49 per month

Being unemployed qualifies you to enroll in coverage within 60 days of losing your job-based health coverage. you don’t have to wait for open enrollment. this is known as a special enrollment period. is designed to help those experiencing major life events, such as:


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button