A license must be renewed before its expiration date or it will expire. renewal applications are only available online.
If your status as an agent is currently “inactive” and you have been “inactive” for more than 2 years, a renewal application will not be available until you have been designated by at least one brokerage company. new york licensed insurance.
Reading: How to renew my insurance license
If continuing education (CE) is required to renew your license, you must complete the CE requirement before submitting your renewal application. Licensed New York residents must complete courses offered by a Department-approved provider organization. Courses can be offered in a classroom setting, as a webinar, self-study with a textbook, or self-study online. You can find a list of approved providers at: Continuing Education Provider Search. providers designated with (i) are offering online courses; providers designated with (w) offer webinars.
Removed on November 2, 2020, the requirement that a monitor be present when an insurance producer takes an exam upon completion of a continuing education or pre-licensing course.
Please note: Effective November 12, 2021, the Department of Financial Services has amended Part 20 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules, and Regulations (Regulations 9, 18, and 29) , ordering the completion of certain courses to renew the insurance license. Of the 15 credit hours of instruction required under the insurance law, section 2132, the licensee shall satisfactorily complete courses or programs of instruction or attend seminars, as approved by the superintendent, that provide:
(1) at least one hour of instruction in insurance law.
(2) at least one hour of instruction in ethics and professionalism.
(3) at least one hour of instruction on diversity, inclusion, and elimination of bias.
(4) at least one hour of flood insurance instruction if the licensee is licensed to sell one or more lines of property/casualty insurance and at least three hours of enhanced flood insurance instruction if the The licensee sells flood insurance through the NFIP.
individual growers/tba with licenses expiring on their birthday may renew their license up to 180 days prior to the expiration date.
bail bondsman (bb) licenses expiring 12/31/2022 are available for renewal. all renewing bail bond agents must include, with the renewal application, a bond covering the new renewal period.
Independent Adjuster (IA) licenses expiring 12/31/2022 are available for renewal. Please note: A bond is no longer required to renew your Independent Adjuster license.
Public Adjuster (PA) licenses expiring 12/31/2022 are available for renewal. all renewing public adjusters must include, with the renewal application, a bond covering the new renewal period.
To renew a license, visit the renewal application on the dfs portal:
browsers and blockers:
- Use a supported browser: The latest plus one older version of ie, ff, chrome, and safari are supported.
- Please disable the “pop-up blocker” setting in your browser before using the dfs portal applications.
- Maintenance: The application may not be available every day from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 7:45 a.m. m. due to scheduled maintenance.
- Apps may not be compatible with mobile phones, tablets, or other mobile devices.
- Once you have processed a renewal for a particular license, that renewal does not need to be processed again.
- You will be notified when your license has been issued. the notice will include instructions on how to obtain your license number and print your license. You can check the status of your license at any time by visiting our producer/licensee search.
print a license
If you have technical problems or need help, please email us at [email protected]. and again, if you believe the renewal application was not processed, please call (518) 474-6600 before processing it a second time.