Slow Cooker Jambalaya Soup – 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Slow-cooking jambalaya soup offers great taste with minimal work. Make it in the morning for an easy dinner, set it up and forget it any night of the week.
I love a nice dump and going to dinner
Who needs to add a lot of fuss and complication to preparing meals when you can literally simply walk through the ingredients in a slow cooker, turn it on, and then walk away all day?
This jambalaya is magical as well.
You simply dump everything into the good ole cooker and leave, letting it slowly fill your house with delicious aromas all day long.
All you have to do at dinner time, is make some rice and serve this soup and voila!
- Kielbasa Sausage – In a pinch, you can use a soft smoked sausage
- Roast chicken – You can also use leftover baked or boiled chicken.
- Vegetables – For soup, I use diced canned tomatoes (NOT drained), white onion, green pepper, and celery. If you have yellow or red onion, you can use them instead of the white one.
- Chicken broth – You can use regular or low-sodium sodium for soup.
- Condiments: You will need dried oregano, Creole seasoning, cayenne pepper, ground thyme, garlic powder and cracked black pepper (to taste).
- Jasmine rice – If you don’t have jasmine, you can use another white rice.
Here’s how to make this delicious soup
Add all ingredients EXCEPT rice to the bowl of your slow cooker. Put your
slow cooker on low heat and cook for 7 to 8 hours.
If desired, you can put it on high heat and cook for 3 to 4 hours
When you have finished cooking, add some rice to each bowl and
place the soup in each bowl
Storage and service
To store, you can spoon or pour the soup into an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
Store leftover rice in a separate container.
If desired, you can freeze the soup for up to 6 months in a freezer-safe container.
Tips and tricks
Here are some tips for making this soup
. Do not add the rice to the slow
- cooker. It will turn into porridge! Do not add
- the slow cooker after the soup is cooked because the leftovers you want to store will become unpleasant because the rice will absorb moisture and moisture
- Store soup and rice separately. If necessary, make more rice when serving leftovers.
- This soup freezes well so you can save it for later.
- Chop all the vegetables the night before, store them in the fridge and prepare the soup before going to work for an easy weekday dinner!
<img src="https://4sonrus.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Slow-Cooker-Jambalaya-Soup-6.jpg" alt="slow cooker jambalaya soup
served in white bowls with wooden spoons on the side” /> Other slow cooker
My family loves this slow cooker jambalaya soup because it’s filling and full of spicy flavor
Make this soup tonight for your hungry team. Do you
Try one of these other soups:
- Crockpot buffalo chicken soup
- Parmesan chicken soup
- Spaghetti and meatball
- cooker Pea, ham and barley soup Looking
for a more traditional jambalaya recipe? Try this version.
If you have tried these SLOW COOKER JAMBALAYA SOUP or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comments section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and anything else we have!