Pork Carnitas (Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork) – Skinnytaste
Slow cooking pork carnitas or Mexican shredded pork is the best Mexican pork recipe to put in a tortilla, taco shell or turn into a burrito bowl!
These pork carnitas are loaded with garlic, seasoned with chipotle, cumin, marinade, seasoning, oregano and cooked slowly until tender. I know many of you share my love for Mexican food, so I think you’ll agree that this is the most amazing pork carnitas recipe for the clay pot. Coming home from work and smelling this when you walk through the door is heavenly. Only 15 minutes to prepare, if you set it at night you can wake up with this dish ready for the next day. If you prefer to use the Instant Pot look at this recipe for Instant Pot Pork Carnitas.
Is there anything better than coming home with juicy, tender pork carnitas made in the slow cooker? This is always in rotation in my house because it is enough for several meals, which makes it ideal for meal preparation.
What to do with Serve Carnitas – The best side dishes
My family loves this in so many ways, and since this recipe does a lot, the leftovers are great! Here are some suggestions:
- Served with charred corn tortillas to make pork carnitas tacos topped with avocado and pico de gallo. Use a large flour tortilla and make a carnitas burrito, with rice, guacamole, black beans and salsa. Cilantro and lime rice – Make a burrito bowl of pork carnitas Serve the carnitas over cilantro and lime rice
- . Top with chopped lettuce, corn sauce, guacamole and cheese.
- Mexican rice: you can make it with brown rice or even cauliflower rice
What is Carnitas?
If you go to any Mexican restaurant, you will surely find carnitas on the menu. Throughout Mexico you will find many restaurants that make the best authentic carnitas. They slowly cook the pork in lard, like a confit that makes the pork fork tender. Luckily you can easily make them from scratch without all the lard and excess calories with delicious slow cooker results!
Tips for a perfect pork carnitas in the slow cooker
- Always brown the meat! Browning pork first is essential, so don’t skip this step. Pork shoulder is very cheap and you can make some meals with this.
- Easy preparation! To facilitate mornings, prepare this in the evening, it only takes about 15 minutes the night before. Prepare and refrigerate so that you simply take it out and plug it in when it rises.
This recipe goes a long way! A whole roast will make enough pork for more than one meal. Leftovers can be refrigerated for 4 to 5 days, and reheated to be used in sandwiches, tacos, enchiladas, etc. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.
How to Make Easy Slow Cooking Carnitas
- Then brown in a pan over high heat on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook low for 8 hours, or until pork crumbles easily.
<img src="https://www.skinnytaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Slow-Cooker-Carnitas-2.jpg" alt="Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas or Mexican Pulled Pork is the best Mexican pork recipe,
whether you stuff it into a tortilla, taco or turn it into a burrito bowl!” />
More slow cooker recipes Santa Fe Slow cooker Chicken Easier Slow cooker Sweet potatoes Slow
- cooker Peas Pea soup Slow cooker
- Kalua Slow
Your feedback is helpful! If you have tried this carnitas recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! And if you took some photos or videos of him, share it with me on Instagram or Tiktok!
Photo credit: Jess Larson