Mortal Online 2: Ultimate Guide to Cooking – MGW
Forget everything you’ve learned about gaming cooking, because Mortal Online 2 takes it to new heights. Cooking in MO2 is not as simple as throwing some ingredients into a cauldron and pressing the ‘Cook’ button. Just like cooking in real life, you’ll need to add precisely measured ingredients.
Like any other skill in the game, mastering the kitchen can also be overwhelming, especially for new players. But don’t worry because you’ll learn everything there is to know about the skill in this very guide. You can also check out our other Mortal Online 2 guides here.
Essential skills needed to cook
- Material Lore – You will need the material tradition of the resources you intend to extract
- The most valuable skills you’ll probably need are Animal Materials and Botany
- Finally, you will have to learn the culinary tradition.
- Advanced Cooking allows you to use seven additional ingredients during cooking while increasing the overall quality of dishes.
- Finally, go to Appliance Crafts>Kitchen Tools to learn how to use all kitchen appliances. Kitchen
- baking stone, pot and saliva.
- Advanced kitchen tools contain fermentation jar, baking pot , smoke box and steam cooker.
You will also need the
- Herbologium table to experiment with botanical substances
. You will
- have to learn Herbalist and Grinding under the tree of extraction skills to cook flour and bread.
You will need to purchase the necessary kitchen utensils from the kitchen supplier
- and the ingredients of Grocery supplier’s kitchen.
- You’ll need to use Blast Furnace, but not in the way you’re imagining right now. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to do this unless you’ve learned the skill of cooking.
- Once you’ve learned the skill, press the cooking shortcut to open the new cooking window
- You will need to place the utensil (baking stone, cooking pot, etc.) first in the top slot, followed by the ingredients in the bottom sots.
Note that you can also use the kitchen tools over a campfire
. The goal is to master effective cooking where food restores its reserves without exceeding the maximum limit.
- Any excess HP or MP you gain beyond the maximum limit becomes weight gain.
Cooker Guide – How to cook using it?
- You will create a fried item if there is no liquid or oil base in the pot.
When adding a liquid base: <25% there is a chance of making a stew 26-50% chance of cooking a boiled
% chance of making a
>90% chance of making a decoction
- When adding an oil base
-You can add ~44% fat Make fried food. –
You can add 44-79% fat, 21-56
% flour, and use < = 35% fillings to create battered and fried chicken nuggets.
- is another common compound used in cooking, and should be added in the following proportions: liquid base 25-75%, flour base 25-75% and fillings <50%. By maintaining a 1: 1 ratio of flour and liquid bases, you can cook dumplings.
Changing the water ratio turns meatballs into a soup stew into a boiled dish
. Stone baking guide
– how to cook with it? Baking stone
is used to produce baked goods such as bread.
- To make it, you will need:
40% Flour base 20% liquid
Depending on the fillings
used, you can produce breads of different qualities.
Steam cooker guide – How to cook with it?
All you need to do is include a minimum of 31% liquid base to
- add a prefix to the resulting food.
Baking pot guide – How to cook with it?
- You can use the pot for baking and creating cakes, and all you need is flour, an oil base and a filling
- No specific measures are needed; feel free to experiment with proportions.
Smoke Box Guide – How to cook with it?
- The only kitchen appliance that requires wood or charcoal as fuel.
- You will need at least 11% fuel and a maximum of 5% liquid base to smoke something
- White wood is known to have healing properties, so foods smoked with it restore HP
- Experiment with different foods to discover new and unique interactions.
Fermentation jars guide – How to use it?
- You can make beer in-game using the fermentation jar, which requires at least 31
% liquid base.
- Beer recipe:
% liquid base
20-40% flour base
rest is Filler
Turn Spit – how to cook with it?
- The only barbecue utensil available in the game.
- It uses up to 5% liquid base
. You can also use a fuel source to cook food.
- For example, you can use 11% wood (minimum) in a barbecue.
- food is an art similar to alchemy in terms of difficulty
- The best im-game foods include roasted spelt, roasted ambrosial pork and fermented cream and ichor.
- Foods used for resurrection, PvP battles, massive siege wars
Baked white cavolo
with pork, red jambura juice and salt –
boiled with cream and pork food
- used for exploration:
Malus Juice dumpling soup with rye
and salt –
Baked yellow strain with allium, pork
, red jambura juice and salt -Juice
- Class-specific foods:
- Resistance burning Foot Fighters – Spelt cake with brown algae oil wizard hybrids
- white apple wood cavolo
with wild boar and pork salt
- Mounted Fat Mage – Smoked apple wood pork
wild boar salt
Read more about combat and magic in our Deadly Online 2 magic and spellcasting guide and combat fundamentals.
- Here are the food ratings based on healthy nutrition values (from best to worst):
10) Attractive 11) Pleasant 12) Sapid 13) Salty
16) Attractive 17) Experimental
21) Eccentric 22) Strange
27) Disgusting 28
Horrible 30) Nauseating 31)
34) Vile 35)
- When your reserve pools fall below 25% of their maximum value, you suffer from disadvantages. Not only does it slow down your regeneration abilities, but it also reduces maximum usable mana, endurance, and health.
- Cooking helps you create potent foods that heal you directly or over time, increasing your durability. Equipped with high-quality food, you can survive your opponents in battles.
- You can find some rye fields on the pig farm
- If you want to make foud using rye, you’ll need the milling skill and grinder to do it.
- The grinder produces the following elements when processed:
Rye > Rye flour Oats > Oatmeal Rice > flour
rice Spelt > spelt
flour Cornmeal >
Karoton Wolf Peach Juice > Wolf Peach
- can even extract cookable resources from different herbs using the skill Herbologium:
Sew dew >
Sew dew leaves
Bean Phase > Phase Extract
Common Oreduced > Reed Mare Shoots Gamun seed > Gamun
Carpelos Horn pepper > Horn
- Finally, you can use the press to obtain the following ingredients:
Common Vito Juice > Vitus
Juice Red/Green Jambura > Red
Maus > Maus
Pirum > Juice Pirum Juice
Elaiva Oil Palm fruit
> palm oil
Horn pepper seed >
> sage oil Gamun seed >
oil Brown Shore Kelp >
Shore Kelp Oil
> corn oil
- Table of nutrition values (health, endurance and mana generation) for Mortal Online 2:
CREAM Food health Resistance Basic Manna 4.05 19.11 40.50 Without tools 15.55 52.42 51.84 Pot 16.52 52.42 58.32 Bake 17.50 58.97 45.36 Steam cooker 19.44 65.55 58.32 Fermentation jar 16.52 55.69 64.80 MEAT Gazelle meat 2.70 2.94 9.00 Without tools 7.26 5.64 8.57 Pot 9.48 4.66 5.54 Bake 8.98 6.99 7.76 Saliva 8.98 6.60 7.79 WATER Water 11.06 27.08 0 (0.20 Poison) No tools 30.32 34.66 0 (0.15 Poison) Pot 30.32 38.99 0 (0.07 Poison) RYE Basic 0.95 38.65 18.96 No tools 3.64 106.00 25.79 Pot 4.76 87.45 16.68
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are food values averaged downward instead of multiplying?
Kitchen appliances and Ingredients are the two factors that determine the nutritional value of food in Mortal Online 2. While each ingredient recovers a specific nutritional value (vegetables affect resistance regene), cookware determines how much of that value can be changed.
The fermentation jar, for example, is primarily used to create “mana foods,” while the Turnspit is primarily used to create “resistance foods.” So, even if you’re using ingredients that affect mana/endurance refill, kitchen appliances determine their effectiveness/potency.
Here, the logic of the game dictates that each ingredient will dilute the other when combined to create dishes. As a result, you get an average yield instead of a multiplicative increase in nutrition values, which is perfectly reasonable. Players will have to measure each ingredient individually to find the best possible combination with the highest performance. This allows for greater experimentation while increasing the realism and role-play that MO2 intends.
This is a lot of information to process at once, so take your time and try to understand each concept before moving on to the next section. The possibilities are limitless, especially considering the 35 levels of perfection (Ambrosial… Inedible). If you’re still having trouble, you can find more information in our Mortal Online 2 beginner’s guide. Take care of yourself until next time.
Mortal Online 2: The Ultimate Guide to Extraction