Perfectly Tender Oven-Baked Rump Roast – Sweet Tea and Sprinkles
Tender and juicy roasted baked meat topped with a delicious touch of Worcestershire brown sugar spices with crushed fresh garlic, salt and pepper. The perfect main course for meat lovers.
If you’re looking for a tasty, tender meat roast that’s perfect for the holidays or any time of year, this classic recipe won’t disappoint. This recipe calls for brown sugar, crushed fresh garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to rub into a 3-4 pound roast for a seriously decadent beef!
One of the best things about winter is that you can make delicious and hearty meals in your oven and heat your house at the same time. This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite recipes to cook during this time of year. When I tell you it’s a perfectly tender rump roast, I’m not exaggerating. It’s so easy to do; The oven pretty much does all the work for you!
Why you’ll love this baked rump roast recipe
- It’s tender, juicy and has an amazing meaty flavor
- The Worcestershire spice massage with brown sugar is delicious!
- It is perfect for holidays or at any time of the year.
Equipment needed to make this
beef Roast Small
- Roast pan Meat
- thermometer Cutting board
- Sharp knife
Ingredients for your tender brown sugar and rump
from Worcestershire Roast
- Beef Rump Roast
Spice Rub / Marinade:
- – Fresh Extra Virgin Olive oil is my favorite to use in this recipe
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown sugar – Light or Dark works great
- You can press the garlic yourself or use already choppedgarlic from a jar
- Salt – I used sea salt for my roast, but table salt works perfectly
- Black pepper – Thick or ground How to
garlic cloves –
make a tender roast meat in the oven
Step 1: Prepare your roast meat
- Take the roast out of the fridge and unwrap it at least 1 hour before you plan to put it in the oven. We’ll add coverage right away. We want to let the marinade rest on it and reach room temperature so that it cooks more evenly.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Put this aside.
- Rub the roast with olive oil.
- Rub the Worcestershire sauce mixture over all the roast.
- Let the roast meat sit at room temperature throughout the hour.
Step 2: Cook your rump roast in
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the roast directly on the center rack of the oven, with the fatty side facing up. Place a roasting tray on the rack below to catch drips.
- Cook in an oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 325 degrees during the remaining cooking time.
- Cook for about 15 minutes per pound. A 3-pound roast will need about 1 hour total (45 more minutes at 325 degrees) and a 4-pound roast will need about 1.5 hours total (1 hour, 15 minutes more at 325 degrees). However, the thickness of the roast will influence the cooking time. So check the roast temperature when you approach the end of the expected time.
Step 3: Serve Your Roast
- Meat Insert a meat thermometer to check if it is cooked. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit for an average roast. (130 degrees is for rare meat, 155 is well-made meat, note that well-made meat can be harder) Remember that the temperature will continue to rise slightly after removing the roast from the oven.
- If you have any liquid at the bottom of the pan, store it if you want to serve the roast au jus
- Place the roast meat on a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil.
- juiciest pot roast, let the cooked roast rest for 15 minutes before cutting into thin slices with a sharp knife.
To have the
What to serve/accompany with your rump roast
you’re looking for a well-rounded comfort meal, pair your roast beef with a large stack heaped with mashed potatoes and salsa, Velveeta broccoli casserole, some fluffy and buttery yeast rolls and finish with nutcake brownies.
Popular substitutions and
- additions If you want to add a little more flavor to your spice massage, Dry mustard powder can be added. You’ll want to use about a tablespoon, or if you want to add a little more sweetness, dark brown sugar is the way to go.
- Try adding sliced onions, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, or other root vegetables if you like to add vegetables when cooking your beef roast. You’ll want to add them around the last hour and a half. Make sure the vegetables are all at room temperature, so that the oven temperature does not drop.
- If you’re not a fan of Worcestershire sauce, try soy sauce! It has the same flavor profile and can be substituted one by one in most recipes.
Store Cooked Rump Roast Leftovers The Best Way to Store
If you can retrieve leftovers, you’ll want to store them in an airtight container in an au jus that was produced while cooking to keep it tender or wrap it in aluminum foil.
How long will roasting
meat in the fridge last?
This roast meat should remain good in the fridge for 4-5 days after roasting.
Can I freeze the rump roast once it is cooked?
yes! You can freeze it for up to 6 months, but it will be of the best quality if you freeze it for no more than 3 months. You’ll want to wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and make sure it’s cooled completely to prevent freezing and excess moisture.
How to reheat your rump roast without drying it
One of the challenges of reheating a roast that has already been cooked is moisture loss. You’ll want to avoid this by using a slow cooker to slowly return to the temperature with some beef broth or au jus. You can also place it in a baking dish with about 1/4 cup of beef broth, cover with aluminum foil, and heat it until it’s hot to 325 degrees. The broth will help keep it tender and juicy.
Frequently asked questions about roasting in the oven
beef recipes you’ll
- Mac Burger & Cheese
- Fried Chili Pie
- Instant Pot Beef bread
Perfect side dishes for your rump Roast
- Velveeta Broccoli
- Casserole Crack Potatoes
- Carrot casserole
If you’ve made this recipe or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comments section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!