Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts Recipe – Diethood
Simmered in a rich Parmesan sauce, this juicy Tuscan chicken recipe is loaded with Italian flavors of many sun-dried and aromatic tomatoes. Made in a pot and ready in 30 minutes, it’s the perfect dinner for when you crave Italian without the fuss.
creamy Tuscan chicken recipe
Made in every Italian style possible, this creamy Tuscan keto chicken will send your taste buds on a trip to a trattoria in Tuscany. Topped with a creamy sauce, the chicken is cooked to juicy perfection that is waiting to release its flavor every time you cut it.
Being a recipe for a pot that is ready in 30 minutes, you will be surprised that this chicken does not skimp on herbs, umami or leafy greens. For days when you don’t even have 5 minutes on the stove, don’t worry. Put it in the oven and come back in 20 minutes! It will taste just as good.
Served with extra sauce, get ready to stifle your face with this incredibly delicious, silky and aromatic Tuscan chicken. It’s a weekday dinner score that will have everyone at the table long before you’ve put it on the table. Yes, it’s that good.
Tuscan chicken.” />
What is Tuscan chicken?
Tuscan chicken comes from Tuscany, Italy, and is inspired by the country’s most iconic flavors. Simmered in a rich cream and parmesan sauce, this juicy chicken is infused with hints of garlic, onion, basil, oregano and rosemary.
For a little product, a lot of spinach and mushrooms are usually added to make this dish more filling and give it a touch of color. Served hot, it is a restaurant favorite that is now ready to be prepared in your kitchen.
Your pantry will be filled with Italian-inspired ingredients. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the publication for exact amounts of ingredients.
- chicken olive oil – According to Italian vibes, this is the best. However, you can also use corn, vegetable, and canola oil.
- Chicken breasts: Make sure they are boneless and skinless to save preparation time
- Salt and pepper
- sauce – Unsalted or salted is fine
- Yellow onion – White onion also works
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is always best, but feel free to substitute 6 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: sold in jars filled with olive oil. They are not the same as fire-roasted tomatoes or canned tomatoes.
- Baby spinach – You can also use regular spinach, but you’ll need to cut them
- Heavy cream – Evaporated milk and half and half are good substitutes
- Dried basil
- Dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese – Feel free to use pecorino, mozzarella or a pizza cheese mix.
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Making this keto Tuscan chicken
is a super easy recipe from a pot. It doesn’t get any better than this.
- Seal the chicken. Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until well cooked. The interior should no longer have pink or red juices. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the onions. Melt the butter in the same pan. Add the onions and let them cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the garlic and stir well. Let it cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes. Throw the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes into the pan. Mix to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add the aromatics. Pour the thick cream. Add basil, oregano and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese. Stir the cheese in the pan until it has melted. The sauce should have thickened.
- Add the chicken. Return the chicken to the pan. Pour the sauce over it. Let the chicken cook for 2-3 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with parsley, serve and enjoy.
<img src="https://diethood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/creamy-tuscan-chicken-3.png" alt="
Tips for success
This one-pot keto Tuscan chicken can be even easier with the help of these tips:
- Use frozen spinach. Don’t worry if you don’t have fresh spinach on hand. Frozen spinach works spectacularly as long as you thaw it and squeeze out the extra moisture.
- Add the mushrooms. Pour the sliced mushrooms into the pan right after the onions. It is an extra vegetable and will add a lot of umami to the dish.
- Use Italian seasonings. Although I love the combination of aromatics, you can skip the measurement if you add Italian seasoning to taste.
- Bake it. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts. Whisk the remaining sauce ingredients, tomatoes and spinach in a large bowl. Turn it out. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-35 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer. Especially if chicken breasts have different thicknesses, it is difficult to tell if they are well cooked. Using a meat thermometer is the quickest way to tell if they’re ready. When you insert it into the thickest part of the chicken, it should read 165 F.
Make the creamy sauce for the Tuscan keto chicken.” />
Directions for overtaking
Making the sauce ahead of time will make this keto Tuscan chicken even easier than
it already is.
All you have to do is refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 2 days. When you are ready to make the chicken, reheat the sauce over medium-low heat in the pan and add a splash of chicken broth, water or milk to dilute it.
What to serve with Tuscan chicken
For a complete Italian feast, serve it with my piccata chicken, marsala chicken, marry me chicken and Tuscan shrimp to share
Some of my favorite accompaniments include zucchini and pan mushrooms, roasted artichokes, Keto garlic bread sticks, and Italian wedding soup.
If you’re really not in the mood to take on new recipes, simply roast your favorite vegetables. Add some parmesan and Italian seasoning. Enjoy!
How to store and reheat leftovers
After cooking, let the chicken reach room temperature and refrigerate within 2 hours to reduce the risk of food poisoning. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To reheat it, add a splash of milk and stir in the sauce and chicken. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir again. Return it to the microwave and heat it for another 30 seconds or up to 1 minute until hot.
You can also heat it in a skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add extra sauce and a splash of milk to the chicken to prevent it from drying out. Suffice from time to time.
- Recipes with Cheese Chicken Baked Spinach
- One Pot Rancho Chicken & Rice
- Basil Sauce Feta Sauce
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Chicken Creamy Lemon Chicken