Easy Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe – Hebbars Kitchen
Pav Bhaji Recipe | Easy Mumbai street style Pav Bhaji recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. A world-famous fast food dish or maybe the king of street food from the western state of Maharashtra. The recipe is an amalgam of vegetables seasoned with a unique blend of spices known as pav bhaji masala and served with a soft muffin also known as pav. The recipe is typically served as a full meal for lunch and dinner, but has morphed into a popular street food recipe in India. Pav
Bhaji recipe | Easy Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe with photo and video step by step recipe. The Pav-bhaji dish has a long history and originated during the thriving business of the textile industry in Mumbai. The dish was served particularly as fast food for textile workers and thus served the necessary nutrients from the vegetable combination. Gradually, due to the popularity of this recipe, it finally turned out to be street food served on every street corner.
With the popularity of this recipe, there have been several experiments and variations to the pav bhaji recipe. Today, a regular pav-bhaji food peddler has countless options to offer. From cheese to paneer and even mushroom-flavored bhaji recipes have sprung up on the streets. But my personal favorite has always been the simple extra recipe of red pav-bhaji with butter. In fact, I have heard many stories from my husband, who frequently traveled to Mumbai during his brief stay in Pune. But unfortunately, I personally never had the chance to savor the famous Juhu Beach or the street-style bhaji Chowpaty, but it’s at the top of my bucket list. However, I had the opportunity to taste it in my hometown and with a taste similar to Mumbai street food. This recipe is derived a lot from it and I hope you enjoy it.
In addition, some important tips, recommendations and ideas to serve for street style pav bhaji recipes. First and foremost, fresh and flavored pav bhaji masala is very important for this recipe. Basically, it is the heart and soul of this dish and therefore never compromise on its quality. My personal recommendation is the MTR pav-bhaji blend or the Marathi Brand blend. I’m not sure if the latter is easily accessible, but the MTS should be easily available in any store. Secondly, you can also extend the recipe by adding other vegetables like gobi, carrots, beans, and even shredded cheddar cheese. Also, you can totally omit the red food coloring that doesn’t add any flavor or flavor to this recipe. Lastly, I highly recommend serving the fried pav in butter and some bhaji. This would enhance the taste of ordinary pav and ensure an authentic street style. If you are health or weight conscious, you can skip it.
Finally, I ask you to check out my other collection of Indian street food recipes with this pav bhaji recipe recipe post. includes recipes such as vada pav, bhel puri, pani puri, sev puri, dahi puri, gobi manchurian, veg frankie, masala toast sandwich, bombay sandwich and gobi chili recipe. Also, I ask you to visit my other collection
of similar recipes, Collection of
- snack recipes
- of sandwich
Collection of lunch recipes
recipes About Mumbai Pav Bhaji Like most all Indian recipes, the
Mumbai Pav Bhaji
recipe It has an interesting and fascinating history. The recipe is believed to have been invented during the 1850s by mill workers. Basically, they brought all the leftover vegetables and cooked them only during lunch time with a mixture of spices. In addition, it was served with local bread called pav, due to the short breaks for lunch. In addition, it was easy to get this bread and, more importantly, with the curry combination, it was filling and tasty.
Gradually, the dish became popular throughout India due to the migrant working class. Today this dish has become an iconic dish of Mumbai and an essential part of tourism. In addition, it has undergone many variations and you can get so many different flavors, colors and a wide range of ingredients for this recipe. However, one thing remains consistent with this recipe. That’s the unique spice blend used for this recipe. In fact, to get the true flavor and flavor of this recipe, masala powder plays an important role. Therefore, it is noteworthy to choose a quality pav bhaji mixture powder.
Recipe: Recipe Card for Mumbai Pav Bhaji: How to Make a Pav Bhaji Recipe with Photo Step by Step: First, in a large hot kadai 1 tablespoon butter and add 3 tomatoes, 1/4 cup peas, 1/2 bell pepper, 2 boiled potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté for 2 minutes. <img src="https://hebbarskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/mainPhotos/pav-bhaji-recipe-easy-mumbai-style-pav-bhaji-recipe-2-1024×769.jpeg" alt="easy
- Also, add 1/2 cup of water and mix well
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Crush the vegetables gently making sure there are no lumps
- pav bhaji masala, 1 teaspoon kasuri methi and 2 tablespoons coriander leaves.
- Sauté for a minute making sure the spices are well cooked
- Glue the prepared vegetable mixture to the sides of the pan and create space in the center of the kadai. <img src="https://hebbarskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pav-bhaji-recipe-easy-mumbai-style-pav-bhaji-recipe-5-1024×1024.jpeg" alt=
- pav bhaji masala and 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- Also add 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves, 1 teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste, 1 onion and 1/2 lemon juice. <img
- Sauté well making sure the onions are well cooked
- Now add 3 drops of red food coloring and mix well. <img
- Also, add 1/2 cup of water or as needed adjusting the consistency
- Boil and crush for 5 minutes or until pav bhaji becomes smooth and silky in texture. <img src=" https://hebbarskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pav-bhaji-recipe-easy-mumbai-style-pav-bhaji-recipe-8-1024×1024.jpeg" alt=
- by heating 1/2 teaspoon of butter and add a pinch of chili powder, turkey bhaji masala and 1 teaspoon of coriander leaves. Mix well. Now cut 2 pav in the
- center and roast with spiced butter.
- Roast both sides of the pav until slightly heated
- as pav bhaji with some chopped onions, cilantro, lemon and a tablespoon of butter.
. Now add 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon
“pav bhaji recipe” /> Heat a tablespoon of butter and add 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon
src=”https://hebbarskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pav-bhaji-recipe-easy-mumbai-style-pav-bhaji-recipe-6-1024×1024.jpeg” alt=”pav bhaji recipe” />
src=”https://hebbarskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pav-bhaji-recipe-easy-mumbai-style-pav-bhaji-recipe-7-1024×1024.jpeg” alt=”pav bhaji recipe” />
“pav bhaji recipe” /> Now prepare the pav
. Finally, serve pav and bhaji
- First, make it with butter
- add vegetables of your choice to make them more nutritious
- crush the baji well to obtain a smooth and silky consistency. Also
- if you’re looking to prepare in a
- Finally, the recipe for pav bhaji tastes great when served hot and spicy.
for more street flavor. Also,
. In addition,
kitchen, check out the recipe for the kitchen.