How to Cook Tender CROCK POT KIELBASA
The article may contain Amazon and affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn qualified purchases at no additional cost to you.
Love easy recipes for dinner? This clay pot kielbasa sausage recipe is a great way to use leftover vegetables. It’s also a perfect dish for those busy nights of the week when you don’t have time to cook. You can throw everything in the slow cooker and come back later for an amazing meal!
This Crock Pot Kielbasa is so simple to make! That’s because all you have to do is add everything to the clay pot, let it cook, and within a few hours, you have a wonderful dinner from a pot. And since this dump and go recipe is full of vegetables, you can rest assured that you’re serving a healthy meal that your family will love. This is a great recipe for those busy days when you want to make sure you have a hearty dinner for your family, but you’re short on time.
The best part about this kielbasa kironite recipe is that it tastes like summer even though it’s made in winter. It has all your favorite flavors of pineapple, peppers, onion and kielbasa sausage, but with less work than usual! You won’t believe how simple this clay pot kielbasa really is until you try it yourself. I promise you that once you do, we’ll see you sooner!
More slow cooker recipes
- Chicken and filling casserole
- chicken enchilada Slow cooker
- Pea chicken stew
- Simple meatballs for pasta
What is kielbasa? Kielbasa is
a smoked sausage made from pork, sometimes beef, and spices. It is popular in Polish cuisine, but has become more widely available worldwide due to an increase in immigration from Eastern Europe. Try this easy kielbasa recipe the next time you have leftover vegetables or crave classic homemade food.
How do you make kielbasa tender?
Kielbasa is known for its unique texture. The outside of the sausage is often quite firm, while the inside is soft and juicy. This dish does a great job of reproducing that combination by cooking it slowly and slowly in its clay pot. This not only helps to soften the kielbasa, but also makes it pleasant and juicy.
Do you have to brown the sausages before putting them in the
In this Kielbasa Crock Pot, you won’t brown the kielbasa before adding it to your slow cooker. However, browning sausages is a great way to add a little extra flavor to your dish, but if you’re short on time, you don’t have to do it first.
How long does kielbasa take to cook?
This Crock Pot Kielbasa takes 4 to 5 hours over low heat. However, if you are in a hurry or want to let it cook while you are not at home, you can also cook it over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
This sweet and sour kielbasa is delicious, healthy and super simple to make. Plus, it only takes 10 minutes of preparation time so you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Do this tonight!
Crock Pot Kielbasa Ingredients
Your family will love the combination of sweet and savory ingredients in this slow cooker kielbasa recipe so much that they won’t even notice it’s healthy too! The combination of vegetables, meat and rice turn this simple dinner into a meal of a pot full of flavor.
To make this easy slow cooker recipe, you’ll need:
Orange pepper Yellow pepper bell
- Crushed pineapple
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable rice pilaf
- powder Garlic
- Brown sugar
- Pineapple juice
- Soy sauce
best part about this dish is that there are no rules, feel free to add or remove any ingredient as needed. If you want more vegetables or less meat, go ahead and adjust your portions accordingly!
And if pineapple isn’t your thing, try swapping it for another fruit like apples or peaches.
If you feel like adding extra fat, drizzle or drizzle some olive oil when the dish is almost cooked.
There is no wrong way to cook this tasty food!
make a clay pot Kielbasa
My favorite part of this easy recipe is that it requires only a few minutes of prep work! After that, all you have to do is add everything to your slow cooker and let it cook for you. To make this dish sweet and savory, follow these three simple instructions:
- Prepare the ingredients. The hardest part of this quick recipe is preparing your fresh ingredients before adding them to the clay pot. Start by cutting the orange and yellow pepper into thin strips. After that, cut the yellow onion into bite-sized pieces. Then, cut Kielbasa sausages into bite-sized coins.
- Prepare the sauce. Once all your meat and vegetables are prepared, the next step in making this sweet and sour kielbasa recipe is to prepare the sauce. Combine crushed pineapple, garlic powder, brown sugar, pineapple juice and soy sauce.
- Throw everything into the slow cooker. Now that you have all your prep work done, the only thing left to do is throw and cook! Start by placing the peppers, onion and Kielbasa in the slowest pot bowl. Top the meat and vegetables with the sauce mixture, then add the rice pilaf. Stir all together, place the lid in the slow cooker and cook until the vegetables are tender.
What can you serve with crock pot kielbasa?
This main course is perfect for a family-style meal. Not only does it taste delicious, but it is also really filling and filling. Serve your Crock Pot Kielbasa with some steamed broccoli, green beans or instant potatoes on the side to complete the meal. You could even add a simple salad if you’re looking for something light and refreshing. And for dessert, how about a hot apple crumble? Delicious!
What other vegetables can you add to crockpot kielbasa?
If you’re looking to add some extra veggies to your slow cooker kielbasa recipe, there are plenty of different options to choose from. Try adding some chopped carrots, celery or zucchini. If you have some leftover roasted veggies in the fridge, they would be perfect too! The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating a delicious and satisfying meal from a single pot.
This Kielbasa is a healthy, simple and delicious way to feed your family. This dish only takes 10 minutes of preparation time, and then the slow cooker does all the work! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy!
While not exactly a traditional party snack, this easy recipe is also a great shared meal, a game day or barbecue dish or if you have guests. Everyone will love the sweet and savory combo of kielbasa and vegetable bites, served over rice. And best of all, they can choose which ingredients to add for their perfect slow cooker kielbasa! So don’t hesitate to choose this recipe for your next party!
Kielbasa slow cooker recipe ideas
simple recipe couldn’t be easier to make! And that means there are plenty of ways to customize the recipe to suit your family’s tastes. Try these recipe ideas the next time you prepare Kielbasa for your family:
- Sauté the sausage before adding it to the slow cooker. While slowly cooking your Kielbasa is a quick and easy way to prepare it, you can add even more flavor to your dinner by adding just a few minutes of prep work to your recipe. After cutting your Kielbasa into coins, add it to a hot pan. Heat the sausage slices for a few minutes, just until the pieces begin to brown. Then, transfer the sausage to your slow cooker. Giving the meat time to brown before cooking it slowly will keep the outside of your Kielbasa crispy while cooking.
- Be prepared to facilitate the preparation work. Preparing this recipe in the morning is a great way to start dinner before heading out for the day. But if you don’t have much time to prepare your ingredients at the beginning of the day, try making some of the items ahead of time. You can cut the vegetables and sausages and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook. The sauce can also be mixed a day in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Replace any type of sausage. Kielbasa is the classic meat in this dinner, but you can substitute any type of sausage to your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients of the recipe. Use turkey sausage for a low-fat option or add some spicy sausage for even more flavor.
- Add some chicken broth to improve the taste.
How are Kielbasa leftovers stored?
This simple dinner is so good, I’d be surprised if you have any leftovers! But if you have some sausages and peppers left in your slow cooker, it’s important to store those leftovers in the refrigerator. Transfer leftover meat and vegetables to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. Your cooked sausages will stay good for up to four days in the refrigerator.
Leftovers can also be stored in the freezer if you don’t think they will be eaten in a few days. Be sure to store the ingredients in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag, then remove all air from the container.
Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave by cooking over high heat for one minute. Or you can place the meat and vegetables in a pan and cook over medium heat until the ingredients are heated.
Does cooked kielbasa freeze well?
This Crockpot Kielbasa freezes well, so don’t worry if you have leftovers. Simply store them in an airtight container in the freezer and they will be good for up to 6 months. That way, you can enjoy this delicious dish again later!
If you’ve been looking for new recipes to add to your cooking repertoire, this simple slow cooker kielbasa couldn’t be easier to make! It’s such a quick and easy recipe, there’s no excuse not to try it the next time you want a delicious Kielbasa dinner. Plus, this simple kielbasa slow cooker can be modified with so many different flavor combinations! With its excellent taste and ease of preparation, this is a recipe you’ll definitely want to keep in your regular dinner rotation.
What other flavors would you mix in this easy kielbasa recipe? Add your suggestions in the comments below!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Most popular recipes:
- Roasted sweet potato bojos with spiced herbs French cream puffs Fried
- chicken with buttermilk
- 6 Taco soup ingredients