The Best Potato Soup Recipe (+VIDEO) – The Girl Who Ate Everything
Crock potato soup couldn’t be easier and is the best comfort food. It cooks all day in the slow cooker and is a great recipe for a cold day. Top with salted bacon, cheese, and green onions for a loaded baked potato soup.
This is the best soup and is very versatile: add broccoli or ham to give it a twist. This easy recipe will become your slow cooker potato soup recipe that the whole family loves.
CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP I
am not handling this cold weather with grace
know my husband dreams that one day we will move to a colder place, but I really can’t make the weather cold
Like really. Today it was 39 degrees here in Florida and I wanted to curl up on a ball and do nothing all day. Is that normal?
Or are some people invigorated by cold weather? I braved the cold during my college years and I don’t think I took off my pea coat for the full four years.
<img src="https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/creamy-potato-soup.jpg" alt="Creamy Potato Soup"
This easy potato soup recipe has a really high flavor/effort ratio. Just throw it in the Crock Pot and you’ll have a delicious soup. Sure I have this creamy chicken and potato soup, but this one is so easy!
- FROZEN FRENCH FRIES – You can use grated or diced potatoes. Some people like to use fresh here. Just use the same amount doesn’t really matter what kind of potatoes.
- BROTH OR CHICKEN BROTH – you can also use vegetable broth here. I like to use low-sodium chicken broth so I can control the salt.
- CHICKEN CREAM – makes it a thicker soup but has a lot of flavor.
- CHOPPED ONION – I like to use yellow onions here.
- – add that
- TOPPINGS: cheddar cheese, shredded bacon, sliced green onions HOW
creamy base to the soup.
MAKE POTATO SOUP
CROCKPOT HOW TO MAKE POTATO SOUP
This is the best recipe for potato soup with a creamy texture. Add some extra cheese on top to make it an out-of-this-world potato and cheese soup.
If you’re someone who scares off the only chicken soup cream in this, you can make this creamy version of potato soup ham. It’s great too.
Then, if you’re a bad mom like me, you’ll have your kids stir some steamed broccoli. They didn’t really care at all.
This is supposedly a Paula Deen recipe, but I couldn’t find the original recipe for this anywhere, but I saw this in Worthy of the Prize. Enjoy!
If you don’t want to use frozen potatoes, you can use fresh potatoes like Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes. Cut the potatoes into cubes and continue with the instructions.
RECIPES Healthy Vegetable Chicken Soup
- Cordon Bleu
- Stuffed Pepper
- Soup Homemade Chicken Noodle
- Creamy Chicken Soup with Potatoes
Chicken Soup Cauliflower Soup
OTHER POTATO RECIPES:
- Ultimate Twice Baked
- Jalapeño Popper Potato puree
- loaded Ruth’s Chris Potato Casserole Scalloped potatoes
Potatoes Instant Pot Potato Puree