Pressure Cooker Roast Beef – Instant Pot – Ninja Foodi
The pressure cooker roast beef is tender and full of flavor without having to turn on the oven! Sliced or shredded beef Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi style.
Instant Pot Roast Beef
You can make this as a Ninja Foodi recipe if that’s the brand you have. A great meal that’s packed with protein and pretty fast compared to baking it in the oven. You also don’t have to heat your house to melt that sensitivity in your mouth this way.
We have also made a roast beef air fryer to make it crispy on the outside. If you like a little crust on the outside with your dry massage, you can also try that one and see which one you like best, both are delicious. Let us know what you think.
- Do you use your pressure cooker daily like I do? I literally don’t even remember the last time I used my oven to prepare dinner.
- Making the French dip Instant Pot recipe is a game changer now.
How to cook
There is nothing like cooking meat under pressure. This melt in the mouth of roast beef comes out crumbling tender where you don’t need a knife to even cut it on your plate. The side of your fork will work fine. Of course, there will be a variation depending on how well done you want it to be.
- Here are the first steps…… And they’re pretty easy, I tell you.
How long to cook 3 lb. pressure cooker
The time below will vary a bit depending on how rosé you want it to stay inside. Most of the time you want to keep something and not leave it until it’s done right, usually. We’re also adding veggies at the end, so others may say 1 hour, but we do 10 minutes less to account for that extra time for vegetables.
- Once you have your piece of carne asada, you’re going to brown both sides using the sauté feature with a little olive oil in your pot.
- Then you will add your spices and wine… Yes, you heard me right… red wine!
- Close the lid and steam valve and let it cook on its own… Go find something fun to do for 50 minutes.
- If you do not add vegetables, then set in 60 minutes.
- You’ll let it release steam naturally for 25
- Add your potatoes and carrots (or other vegetables) after that
- Let them soften for a while
- Take everything out and enjoy!
You can make some pressure cooker sauce in about 15 minutes using the juices left in your pot if you want as well. That’s super easy to do and a great addition.
Roast beef in a
Now, why would we bother using this pot instead of just putting it in the oven or grill? There are many reasons to choose, but here are just a few.
- It cooks much faster… That’s the point, right?
- Roast meat in an electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi comes out extremely tender You
- cook everything in the same pot that reduces dishes (yes) and vegetables/potatoes absorb all that goodness while cooking
- You can throw it all away and walk away instead of serving it in the oven making sure it’s enough etc… along the way.
- Because I’m obsessed with my pretty Instant Pot and the new pressure cookers and Ninja Foodi air fryers.
All large cuts of meat should be cooked under high pressure, I say. It’s the best way to make them all tender in about an hour. This and our Instant Pot rump roast are high on the favorites list.
Instant Pot roast beef
You might have a few questions in mind before diving straight into this one, here are a few we’ve been asked. We have now answered them for you in advance.
We added some vegetables at the end with our pressure cooker roast. This requires a little more time, but that part is entirely up to you. You could stop with just the meat itself. If you choose to only make the protein, add 10 more minutes to the initial time.
What will you need to make this pressure cooker roast meat recipe?
Roast meat piece –
- 3 pounds is what was used here
- Red wine – you could use another liquid
- Worcestershire sauce
- Spice rolls
- if you want to make roast meat sliders at the end
if you prefer
Other ways on how to cook roast beef in some other pot roast recipes are;
- I will say that low and to cook slowly is super amazing too. I would recommend following our slow cooker roast beef recipe for that time.
- will take as long as the previous one or so 40 minutes or so.
- We’ve also made a Dutch baked Directions
The smoked roast beef
for Ninja Foodi
Follow this Ninja Foodi roast beef post here for that pot. Instructions for Crockpot Express and Instant Pot roast beef are
Try our Instant Pot beef tips below
For more easy recipes, tips, and free printables, LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also subscribe to my free weekly newsletter which is full of goodies that I know you will love. 😉