How to cook a duck in a pressure cooker – Foodle Club
perfectly cooked duck, ready in less than half the time it takes to roast a duck in the oven. How can that be that you wonder? I’m going to let you into a little secret. Cook the duck in a pressure cooker and then put it in the oven until the skin is brown and crispy. And you end up with a succulent, perfectly cooked duck with the crunchiest duck skin you’ve ever eaten!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.**
Roast duck pressure cooker
If you are looking for a roast
duck recipe Cooked in the oven, then you might want to try my crispy roast duck recipe with cherry sauce. But if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook a duck in the pressure cooker (and just crunchy the skin in the oven), then you’re in the right place.
This is more of a method than a recipe, but once you’ve cooked your duck in the pressure cooker, there are so many things you can do with it.
Crispy the skin in the
- oven and serve the duck as roasted with vegetables and potatoes roasted with duck fat (recipe below).
- garlic sauce or duck pancakes with hoisin
- of the breasts with the skin down in a pan and then serve them with new baby potatoes, vegetables and a serving of orange sauce from this crispy orange chicken recipe.
- by substituting ham for leftover duck in this Chinese egg fried rice recipe or mix the leftover duck into this spicy fried rice with mushrooms.
Turn it into a Chinese meal of duck in
sauce. Cut the breasts and turn them into a quick and easy duck to the crispy orange
Turn leftovers into duck fried rice
cook duck in a pressure cooker?
There are many advantages of cooking
a duck in the pressure cooker.
- It only takes 40 minutes to get a perfectly cooked duck, and another 10 minutes to crunch the skin in a pan, so it saves electricity.
- The meat is so juicy and succulent and so tender that the duck is practically cut! I often find with a roast duck that the legs tend to be difficult to remove. With a pressure-cooked duck, the legs are separated from the carcass without any resistance.
- Ducks are quite fatty, but when cooking duck in the pressure cooker, much of the fat is cooked out of the bird and left behind in the cooking juices.
- If you intend to crush the meat to use in another recipe, you will get a lot more meat from a pressure cooker duck. A duck roasted in the oven tends to have more beef dried than a duck cooked in a pressure cooker.
- The cooking liquid can be made into the most delicious sauce.
cooked in a pressure cooker provides moist, juicy meat, and it’s full of flavor, but it takes less than half the time it would take to get the same results in the oven
So let me show you how to cook a duck in the pressure cooker.
What you’ll need
You will need a pressure cooker. I have a Pressure King Pro electric pressure cooker like this, but you can also use a normal pressure cooker. You will also need a large skillet to brown the duck before cooking it so that some of the fat is demonstrated.
As for the ingredients, you will need
can have a lot of fat around the neck cavity, so I like to remove this before putting the duck in the pressure cooker. I also like to cut off any excess skin, as it also contains a lot of oil. You can process this duck fat in the pan at the same time as browning the duck and save the processed fat to make roasted potatoes.
You will also need a teaspoon of salt to sprinkle on the duck before cooking it in the pressure cooker. Do not salt the duck before browning it in the pan or the salt will be released into the fat that is produced.
For the liquid component, you will need a bucket of chicken broth dissolved in a cup of boiling water.
If you intend to make sauce from the cooking liquid, you can also add a carrot and an onion.
Use a pair of kitchen scissors and remove the tips of the wings before cooking the duck.
What to do
I used a Pressure King Pro electric pressure cooker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the setup and timing of your own particular model
The first step is to brown
the duck in a pan and then put it in the pressure cooker. Cook the duck and crunch the skin
Next, the duck is browned in the oven to crunch the skin
. A duck
has a different shape than a chicken and should be carved differently
. Serve the duck with crispy
roasted potatoes with duck fat and your choice of
How to Make Crispy Roasted Potatoes
with Duck Fat Make the sauce There will be a lot of duck fat floating over
Remove this before attempting to make the sauce.
Pour the cooking liquid into a saucepan. If you added a carrot and onion with the duck, you can remove them or mix them in the liquid with a stick blender.
Make a suspension with 1 tablespoon of cornmeal and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Be sure to remove all packages. Pour the cornmeal slowly into the cooking liquid over low heat, stirring continuously, until the sauce has the desired thickness. You may not need to use all cornmeal.
If you want to be notified of new recipes, why not subscribe to my newsletter? As a thank you gift, you will receive a free recipe e-book containing some of my most popular cakes and desserts.
Frequently asked questions about
pressure cooker duck
Save for later
If you want to cook a duck in a pressure cooker yourself, why not save these instructions on one of your Pinterest boards so you can easily find them? Just click on the image below.
Alternatively, you can save the instructions by clicking on the floating heart on the right side of the screen.
You can also try some of my other easy-to-roast recipes:
- Slow cooker roast chicken dinner Roasted lamb leg
- coined Beef ribs
- braised in red wine
If you made this recipe and enjoyed it, I’d love it if you could give me a star rating in the comments below. And if you want to get in touch, you can email me at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you. And don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list so you can get a copy of my FREE COOKBOOK!
If you want to continue browsing, just click on this link to all my recipes.