Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork Recipe – Eating on a Dime
We love making this crumbled pork from Crock Pot root beer for sandwiches or serving over rice. Easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
Clay pot root root beer shredded pork
Shredded pork with root beer The Crock Pot recipe is a classic and delicious recipe that is easy to make. Pork is cooked tender with BBQ sauce and root beer to easily crush many different recipes.
This shredded pork recipe with root beer is perfect for a weekday dinner or a game day gathering. You only need 4 ingredients and the results are a delicious shredded pork that is perfect in a hoagie or served over rice.
Everything is easily cooked in the clay pot. Add everything before you walk out the door and go home to your house smelling amazing. Pork is so tender and you’ll be surprised how delicious it is with easy ingredients.
Ingredients for Pulled Pork Root Beer Clay Pot:
- Boneless Pork Shoulder
- Barbecue Sauce
- Hamburger Buns (to serve)
- Root Beer
How to Make Pulled Pork
in Crock Pot:
Step 1 – Add
- the Ingredients – Add the pork, root beer and barbecue sauce to a clay pot.
- Step 2 – Cook slowly – Cover and simmer for 10 hours or over high heat for 5 hours.
- Step 3 – Shred pork – Remove the pork, crush it. Remove any excess fat and put the remaining shredded pork in the clay pot. Stir the shredded pork in the sauce in the clay pot.
Step 4 – Serve and enjoy
- – Serve the pork on the hamburger buns and enjoy. Feel free to season with salt and pepper.
What type of pork do I use?
For this slow cooker pork recipe, we recommend using a pork shoulder. It can also be called pig butt.
options are a pork loin or roast
How to crush
Cooking pork in the slow cooker makes it very tender. You can easily crush pork with forks, but we prefer to crush with a hand mixer or a standing mixer.
Simply remove the cooked pork from the slow cooker and place it in a bowl, then crumble.
Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker to mix with the cooking liquid and root beer.
What to serve with shredded pork with root beer?
- Cabbage Salad Recipe – This coleslaw recipe is delicious and easy to make. This cabbage salad recipe tastes much better than the store-bought recipe.
- Easy macaroni salad: it’s creamy and delicious. The vegetables combined with the cheese really make this simple side dish filling and tasty.
- : These are our favorite side dishes to serve with this shredded pork recipe. Whether you’re making a sandwich or serving it over rice, these sides will help make a complete meal.
More shredded pork side dishes
Can you use a different type of soda? We
love using root beer in this recipe,
but you can easily use any dark soda instead of root beer if you prefer
- Dr Pepper
- Coke or Pepsi
- Ginger Ale
- Hard Cider or Beer
Can I use this recipe with chicken? Yes, you can
for this recipe. Because chicken isn’t as tasty, you may need to add a few more ingredients.
Try this chicken sandwich recipe with clay pot root beer
More shredded pork recipes:
Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
What type of
sauce can I use? We use
BBQ sauce purchased from the regular store. But feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce or brand. You can even make homemade barbecue sauce with easy ingredients.
How to store leftovers
leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We recommend placing in an individual container for an easy lunch the next day.
How to freeze:
We love to freeze shredded pork sandwiches of grated slow cooker root beer. It’s an easy dinner for another time.
Place pork at room temperature in a freezer-safe container or freeze the zip-lock bag. Be sure to remove any and place it in the freezer. If stored properly, shredded pork will last 3-6 months.
How to reheat:
When you’re ready to serve again and your BBQ pork from shredded root beer is frozen, place it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw it
. You can reheat in
the slow cooker or pan for our recommended way of reheating. Shredded pork can also be microwaved at a 30-second interval until it is heated again.
Print recipe here for Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
More Easy Sandwich Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwich
- Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe