Easy Baked Shrimp (Family Favorite!) – A Couple Cooks
This easy baked shrimp recipe tastes best and is totally hands-free! It is seasoned to perfection with garlic and herbs.
Shrimp is a big winner around here: it’s delicious, a healthy lean protein and very quick to cook. (And our 3-year-old son is obsessed.) Alex and my usual way of cooking it is this sautéed shrimp. But the other day we thought: why not try the baked shrimp? Well, you wouldn’t believe the “Wow!” exclaimed after every bite. This method is so easy and the shrimp come out juicy and perfectly seasoned with garlic and herbs. Move, all other shrimp recipes! This is the perfect healthy, quick and easy dinner.
Want an even faster variation? Go to Roasted shrimp.
A recipe for baked shrimp… in 5 minutes!
This baked shrimp recipe couldn’t be simpler. The only hard part is waiting for the oven to preheat. After that: it’s about 5 minutes in a hot oven. Or if you do not have time to preheat: use the broiler method in the recipe below! The exact timing will depend on the size of your shrimp. Here are some tips for making this roast shrimp:
- Use shrimp of any size. Just keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the size. Bake shrimp for 4 to 6 minutes until opaque.
- Bake or roast. The advantage of roasted shrimp is that you don’t have to wait for the oven to preheat!
- Add breadcrumbs if desired. It’s optional, but adding breadcrumbs makes the crispy layer crispier. Go to Roasted shrimp.
- Check and evaluate cooking. Take the pan out of the oven and evaluate the cooking. You can always cook more: but you can’t undo it too cooked!
“Baked shrimp” />
This recipe uses simple seasonings, but they taste just perfect. The combination of garlic and herbs takes succulent shrimp to new heights. Here’s what we use besides salt and pepper:
- Dried oregano
- Onion powder Fresh
- Fresh parsley or cilantro (after baking)
lemon juice (after baking)
You can also opt for a more Latin touch, which we do when we are making our bowl of rice with shrimp. Try it with 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
Variations and add-ons!
Of course, there are many other ways to season this baked shrimp recipe! Here are a few more ideas about vipers that would step up this dish, or alternative ways to season it:
- Feta cheese crumbles. Top with feta cheese for a Mediterranean or Greek-style atmosphere.
- Coriander lime. Change oregano for cumin and lemon juice for lime. (See also Lime and coriander shrimp.)
- Curry powder or paste. Increase flavors by stirring curry powder or curry paste to taste (skip oregano).
How to serve baked shrimp
it a meal! All you need to dress this shrimp are some vegetables, a grain or a salad. Here are our top recommendations
- Couscous: Go Mediterranean-style and make easy couscous (or Israeli couscous).
- Make a quick pot: Go to How to cook rice, coconut rice, cilantro and lime rice, or perfectly seasoned quinoa.
- of our fastest vegetarian side dishes are: peas with lemon, the best sautéed mushrooms, sautéed broccoli, sautéed spinach, lemon herb cauliflower or sautéed kale.
- Salad: Some quick and easy salads to combine: easy arugula salad, goat cheese salad with arugula, kale salad, perfect Italian salad or chopped salad.
Rice or quinoa:
Steamed or sautéed vegetables: Some
Fresh vs frozen shrimp: which one to use?
You can use fresh or frozen for this roast shrimp recipe. Frozen shrimp are obviously very convenient! But is it so high quality? Actually, yes:
- both fresh and frozen shrimp work! One myth about fish is that “fresh is better,” but frozen isn’t necessarily of lower quality. In fact, it could be higher.
- Why? As soon as an animal dies, it begins to decompose; Freezing suspends this process. If a fish freezes when it was caught and remains frozen until it reaches your kitchen, it will be of higher quality than a raw fish that has taken a week to reach your plate.
Want to know the best way to thaw shrimp? Go to How to thaw shrimp.
This recipe for baked shrimp is…
Pescatariano, gluten-free and dairy-free.
More favorite shrimp recipes
Shrimp make dinners faster on weekdays! Here are a few more of our favorite healthy shrimp recipes:
- Quick shrimp tacos A quick dinner recipe for weeknights or entertaining
- Scampi Prawns A deliciously buttery pan of goodness
- Grilled shrimp salad A tasty summer dinner, topped with tomato vinaigrette.
- BBQ Shrimp Quick and easy, with simple ingredients.
- Perfect stir-fried shrimp or Old Bay steamed shrimp This is really the best easy shrimp, with the best seasoning.
- Creamy shrimp paste Easy to make with the best great flavors: garlic, lemon and parmesan. An idea for home run dinner!
- Ultra tasty shrimp and broccoli, meets in minutes for a quick and easy healthy dinner! Serve with rice or over noodles.
- Fried rice with shrimp It tastes like your favorite takeaway!
- stove Here’s a quick tutorial on how to sauté shrimp on the stove – and it only takes 4 minutes to cook!
How to cook shrimp on the
Last updated: May 2021