Baked Zucchini – Cooking Classy
Baked easy zucchini: Fresh summer zucchini is cut into coins and mixed with olive oil, garlic and herbs, then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and baked.
It’s one of the best ways to cook zucchini!
Here’s a recipe (or rather a procedure) that’s sure to become a summer staple!
This zucchini is
almost as easy as you can get and of course, adding cheese is one of the best ways to turn smooth, boring zucchini into something with a longed-for flavor
. And roasting it briefly also helps add some golden depth.
It’s about developing that tasty taste.
Simple and fresh ingredients that together easily create something worthy of the rapid rotation of dinner on weekdays. Plus, it’s a great way to get kids and adults to eat your veggies!
Ingredients of the baked zucchini recipe Zucchini olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to bake zucchini
- Preheat the oven, prepare the baking sheet: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Optionally, for easy cleaning, a baking sheet with an edge of 18 by 13 inches with aluminum foil. Spray the baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- seasoning: In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper (I use about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper).
- with the oil mixture: Place the zucchini coins in a large bowl. Pour the oil mixture over the zucchini and mix well until evenly coated.
- Spread on the baking sheet, add cheese – pour into the baking sheet, and then spread in a single layer. Top with parmesan.
- Bake and then decorate.
Mix the oil and
Mix the zucchini
How long to bake
- zucchini The roasting time of zucchini will vary depending on how it is cut (cut in half, cut into bars or slices). It will also vary depending on the thickness of the cut and the temperature of the oven.
- For this recipe; Using 1/2-inch thick slices, baking it at 350 degrees and finishing with a grill, it will take about 12 minutes.
- If you were to skip the roast, it would take about 15 minutes, but I love how grilling adds some flavor.
- Keep in mind when baking zucchini that it is a softer vegetable, so you don’t need much time to bake.
- Change the herbs. You can use thyme, basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, etc.
- Try it with fresh herbs instead of dried.
- If necessary, substitute garlic powder instead of fresh. Use 1 teaspoon.
- Use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan cheese.
- Finish with some lemon juice and/or zest for another touch of flavor.
- Try it with yellow pumpkin instead of zucchini.
- Use small or medium-sized zucchini for better flavor. None of those jumbo zucchini here.
- Work to cut the zucchini into evenly thick slices so that they bake evenly.
- Be careful not to bake too much or it will become soft. On the other hand, make sure it’s cooked long enough or it will stay crispy.
What to serve with it
Grilled lemon Greek chicken
- steak Salmon patties
- Grilled corn on the cob
More ways to use zucchini
- Garlic Lemon and Parmesan
- Roasted pumpkin and tomatoes Roasted
zucchini boats Taco Zucchini boats