Baked Corned Beef Brisket – Hostess At Heart
Baked Corned Beef has a delicious crispy crust with a rich, tender and juicy center. You’ll love how easy it is to bake a delicious corned beef breast in the oven!
of a baked canned meat breast that” />Baked canned meat breast
has a delicious crust and an absolutely delicious taste
We’ll show you how easy it is to bake a tender canned beef breast in the oven.
No St. Patrick’s Day dinner would be complete without corned beef!
We always kick ourselves and wonder why we don’t eat it all year round. It’s that good!
Why corned beef baked?
For years we cooked our beef breast under liquid, either in a Dutch oven, on top of the stove or in a slow cooker. Both forms were more or less boiling it.
It’s a super easy way to make canned beef that crumbles.
However, all the texture and taste were the same inside as outside.
Once we tried baking our breast, we never boiled it again.
The exterior in roasted brine is crispy and delicious and the meat is tender and juicy.
It also cuts beautifully for a spectacular presentation.
What is corned meat?
Have you ever wondered how this breast came to be known as Corned Beef?
“Corning” is a form of curing and has nothing to do with corn. In pre-refrigeration times, meat was dry-cured into thick salt “tripe.” I’m a food geek because I love these little things of history.
The corned beef
we buy today is a beef breast that has been cured in brine in spices and cured salt that gives the corned beef breast that intense pink hue
How to Choose the Perfect Canned Beef Breast Beef
breasts can range from about three pounds to a very large breast. The size will not determine the quality of the result.
A whole breast is cut into a “Flat” or Point”. They both bake beautifully, but here’s the difference.
- Point is a thicker, rounder piece of meat. It usually has more fatty veining, so it is very tasty.
- Flat can also be called round and is a thinner piece of meat and is a little leaner. It is easier to cut, so it makes a good presentation.
Both are delicious, so don’t stress if you don’t know the difference or don’t have the choice of one against the other.
Also, breasts aren’t delicate pieces of meat, so don’t stress too much to ruin them.
When you’re planning the size of breast you want to serve, it’s helpful to know that a traditional serving is considered about 3/4 pound per person.
Frequently asked questions about canned baked beef
Do you have to rinse the brine liquid
before cooking? We always rinse
brine liquid from the meat. This removes excess salt.
Rinsing will not change the taste of the meat as the entire piece has been splashed whole
Do you cut the fat from the breast? The fat cap
can be very thick. Trim the fat within an inch of the meat. Leaving some fat adds flavor.
How to bake corned meat in the oven
- Rinse the brine liquid and dry the breast
- Trim the fat cap inside 1 inch
- grill or baking dish.
of the meat. Place a grill at the bottom of a
- Place the meat on top of the side of the grated fat upwards and sprinkle it with the seasoning packet if desired. We usually do. However, you can also make your own brine and seasoning.
Fill the bottom of the
- roasting tray with the water level with the bottom of the grill (directly under the breast).
- Cover the pan with the lid or foil for two-thirds of the cooking time.
- Remove the lid or foil.
Egetable V can be added to the breast. They will need about 1-1/2 hours to bake.
How long to bake
Briskets as a longer cooking time. We cook our breast for 1 hour per pound for a breast of 2 to 3 pounds. A larger breast (4 to 6 pounds) will take 3 to 3 1/2 hours. It’s safe to eat when reading 145°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer.
However, breasts are a fatty cut of meat and this fat should be “cooked in the meat”, so it is better to bake more. I usually bake at 185+. If the meat looks like it’s getting crispy, it’s going to dry out. Put the lid back on before you reach this stage.
- Be sure to let the breast sit after taking it out of the oven so that the juices are redistributed and do not run out of meat
- If you want shredded corned beef instead of sliced, you can cook it to an internal temperature of 185°F to 210°F.
- You can increase its temperature so that it bakes a little faster, but don’t bake it below 325°F for food safety reasons.
Let the breast rest before cutting. It will retain the juices if you let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
Slice 1/8 to 1/4 inch through the grain. If you cut the meat with the grain, it will tear.
to the USDA, corned beef should be refrigerated within 2 hours of cooking and used within 3 to 4 days. The breast can be frozen and should be used within 2 to 3 months.
Horn-Baked Corned Beef gadgets don’t require much equipment. Here are some of our recommendations.
- Grilled toaster – did you see my grids? They are a billion years old
- Instant reading thermometer: a must for cooking meat or even baking bread!
Recipes for the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dinner
- Roasted cabbage and carrots
- Whole-grain rolls Mini
- Bailey cheesecakes
- Pistachio pudding Roasted carrots
- Roasted potatoes with parmesan
- orange glazePin
with orange icing
We bought a beef breast as big as we can find so we can make these amazing leftovers:
- Canned beef soup
cabbage I hope you’ll stop and let me know how your corned beef breast came out!
If you liked this baked canned beef breast
, I think you’ll love our baked beef breast recipe too.