Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops Recipe – Add a Pinch
– The slow cooker makes these BBQ pork chops tender and a family favorite! Just 5 minutes of prep time makes this a weekday favorite!
These pork chops have been family favorites in my house for more years than I can remember. They are so tender that a fork is all you need to devour them! BBQ sauce slowly seasons pork chops as they cook, making every bite so tasty!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops Recipe
What is a
chop is a lean cut of pork taken from the pork’s loin. The pork’s back runs from the shoulder to the hip. There are different types of pork chops, depending on the areas of the loin from which they are cut. It usually includes a rib or portion of the vertebrae for a bone-in pork chop or the bone can be trimmed for a boneless pork chop.
Which pork chops work best for slow-cooking pork chops?
I’ve found that not only for this recipe, but for any recipe where pork chops are cooked in the slow cooker to be very versatile. You can use your favorite pork chop with excellent results.
- Bone-in or boneless
- Fresh or thawed Thick or
- thinly sliced
Can I use frozen pork chops in the slow cooker?
For food safety reasons, I prefer to use fresh pork chops or, if they are frozen, I prefer to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or thaw them in the microwave before cooking them in the slow cooker.
How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops
This recipe couldn’t be much simpler to make if you gave it a try!
What you need
- Slow cooker: I use a 6-quart slow cooker, but for this recipe a larger or smaller one will work fine.
- Pork chops
- – Use your favorite BBQ sauce
- with nonstick cooking
with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray – Your favorite BBQ sauce
Prepare. Lightly cover the inside of your slow cooker with olive oil or spray
- cloak. Pour about 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place a single layer of pork chops in the slow cooker. Top with about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Repeat with more meat, then BBQ sauce until all the meat is in the slow cooker. Finish with BBQ sauce. Reserve about 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce to serve.
- cook. Set to the LOW setting for 7 hours. Remove pork chops from the slow cooker and serve with additional BBQ sauce.
My favorite BBQ sauces to use in pork chops:
Homemade BBQ sauce – a classic BBQ sauce BBQ sauce Mama’s Coca Cola – a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce BBQ
- Spicy Peach BBQ sauce – a sweet and spicy fruity
- Homemade BBQ
BBQ sauce Mustard BBQ sauce – if you prefer a mustard-based BBQ sauce <img src="https://addapinch.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/homemade-bbq-sauce-recipe_DSC0086-700×998.jpg" alt="
Ready in 15 minutes, you” />
What side dishes
to serve with slow-cooked barbecue pork chops?
The possibilities are endless for the side dishes that work with this recipe. Here are some of my favorites:
- Green beans
- Roasted potatoes
- Cabbages Southern
Here is my recipe. I hope you like it! I hope you
have a great week
enjoy! Robyn xo