Slow Cooker Blackberry Cobbler – Manila Spoon
This is so incredibly delicious and incredibly easy to make! Best of all, no baking is required, as their slow cooker does all the work. Serve hot with cream or ice cream – Heavenly slow cooker blackberry shoemaker!
Blackberries were on sale the other day, so I couldn’t help but grab some cutting baskets. When I returned home I wondered what I would do with them. We usually only eat it alone or as is, but I thought I should make dessert using the berries because it was the weekend and my husband always wants to have a nice dessert during Sunday lunch.
didn’t feel like turning on the oven, but I wanted to have dessert ready for when we got home. Voila – the slow cooker to the rescue!
I’ve made a berry shoemaker in the slow cooker, so I knew I just needed to make a few adjustments here and there. However, that recipe was made from a combination of berries, whereas for this one I am limited to just one type.
He wasn’t sure if these blackberries would stand on their own! But I went ahead and cooked it in the slow cooker.
The result was incredibly delicious! It was so good that my young son kept asking for more. Luckily, we are a small family, so we had a bit left over for the next day, which my son certainly enjoyed.
I love that this is super easy to make: totally hassle-free and the preparation time is about 10 minutes and the result is indeed a heavenly dessert!
We love to serve this hot with some poured cream (simple heavy cream or whipped cream) and certainly with ice cream! This is certainly perfect for summer when you don’t want to turn on the oven! Enjoy!
If you like
what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love for you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love to like it on Facebook and Instagram, where you can also get more recipes and updates. Thank you and happy sailing!
FOR THE FULL RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS, CHECK OUT THE RECIPE CARD BELOW
This is so incredibly delicious and incredibly easy to make! Best of all, no baking is required, as their slow cooker does all the work. Serve hot with cream or ice cream – heavenly!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- Blackberries (or your favorite berries)
- A little water
- whipped or vanilla ice cream to top – be sure to serve this shoemaker with this! Heavenly!
Heavy cream or
- the slow cooker, whisk flour, sugar (3/4 cup), baking powder, salt, nutmeg with cinnamon
- Combine the eggs, milk and oil in a bowl and then stir the dry ingredients until moistened
- In a large saucepan, combine the berries, water and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Once it has boiled, remove it from the heat and immediately, pour it over the dough. Cover and cook over high heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the dough comes out clean.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!