5-Ingredient Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken – A Southern Soul
This post may contain affiliate links.
Enjoy this easy-to-make buffalo chicken in sandwiches, sauces, salads, sliders or pizza! The buffalo chicken made with only 5 ingredients simmered and slow in Crock Pot is a recipe with so many uses! It is a must on game day, for parties or a weekday meal.
<img src="https://www.asouthernsoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/buffalo-chicken-in-pot-with-wooden-spoon-683×1024.jpg" alt="
When life gets busy and I’m drawn in 20 different directions, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, especially with the old question “what’s for dinner” coming from a hungry family. One of the ways I get back some control of the madness is with my slow cooker.
Most weeks, I use it for at least one meal, especially when you have recipes that are perfect for cooking in
the clay pot.
Buffalo chicken, made with just 5 ingredients, is the ultimate recipe for slow cooker! This flavorful recipe also has multiple uses. Stack it on top of toasted buns, or make sliders. Make it a creamy buffalo chicken sauce served with chips and celery sticks. The ideas could be endless!
- Chicken Breasts
- Ranch Seasoning
- Buffalo Hot Sauce – your favorite brand
- Sour cream
needed for this recipe
You will need a slow cooker for this recipe. I have a few different sizes that I use depending on how much food I’m cooking. You can also use a multi-cooker, most often called the Instant Pot. Here are my favorite slow cookers:
- quart crockpots
- Instant pot
How to Make Chicken Buffalo Cut
- into pieces and place it at the bottom of the slow cooker
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the butter. Be sure to use thawed chicken. The use of frozen chicken is not recommended for use in the cooking pot. The chicken will spend too much time in the “danger zone” at room temperature, as it thaws and can develop bacteria.
- Sprinkle the ranchero seasoning over the chicken breasts
- Pour a whole bottle of buffalo wing sauce over all ingredients.
- Place the lid on the clay pot, adjust the temperature and time
- When the chicken is cooked, crumble with two forks
- Add the sour cream and mix everything.
That’s all! You’re ready to dig. I’m not sure a recipe could be easier, especially one that has so many delicious uses.
Can buffalo chicken be frozen?
Yes, sure you can. Follow the instructions to make the recipe. After cooking, let the chicken cool, then place it in freezer-safe containers or zip-lock bags. When ready to use, thaw the chicken in the fridge overnight. Heat it on the stove and enjoy!
How to serve 5-ingredient buffalo
- Go classic with it stacked on a toasted bun
- Make sliders by cutting Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally, then layering the buffalo chicken. Drizzle over garlic butter, then toast in the oven.
- Add a few tablespoons to the crispy lettuce, then drizzle over the homemade blue cheese dressing.
- To add a fun twist to pizza, make Buffalo Chicken Flatbread loaded with irresistible flavors.
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is a quick and easy snack that is sure to be a hit at your next party! Made with slow-cooked buffalo chicken, cheese and loaded with your favorite wing sauce, it’s a hot, creamy sauce that will get everyone asking for the recipe.
What to serve with clay pot Buffalo chicken
- Blue cheese Cabbage salad
- Air fryer Baked potatoes
- Mexican corn sauce Smoked
- gouda cheese Grits
- Cucumbers and onions from the refrigerator
More great slow cooker recipes
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Crock Pot
- Chicken Parmesan
- Mexican Slow Cooker Shredded Meat
- Clay Pot Hawaiian Dumplings
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken