Easy Crockpot Crack Chicken Recipe – The Typical Mom
Crockpot’s crack chicken is great made in sandwiches or small appetizer sliders! Soft cream cheese with frozen or fresh chicken will crumble perfectly in its slow cooker.
The ingredients of crack chicken are pretty basic no matter how you make it. We made chicken crack Ninja Foodi and that was a huge success, and quick to make. This takes longer, but it’s fantastic for a low, slow meal throughout the day that is added in the morning.
Crack Chicken Crockpot Recipe
- We used our slow cooker this time, but I’ll share how you can do this in your pressure cooker and/or with noodles too!
Choose chicken breasts or thighs. I love thighs when I have them handy. They are cheap and super cute. If you tend to stay away from dark meat, don’t. Once I gave them a real chance, I never looked back. The amount of flavor they offer is much more than white meat. I suggest you try both and decide for yourself.
If you find any for sale, I would stock up. You can freeze them inside freezer bags and they’ll last for months, which means fewer trips to the store, which is great. Then, when you’re ready, simply separate them so they cook evenly and you can use them as they are without thawing if necessary.
Thawed meat is always better in the end, but I’ve definitely had days when that wasn’t possible. Therefore, Crockpot frozen chicken was used and the timing literally did not change. I know, that’s a mental blow but totally true.
Crockpot crack chicken with frozen chicken breasts
You can use fresh or frozen, but the latter would have to be separated to cook properly. Use medium sizes instead of unusually large ones as well. If you’ve never had a full bite of this addictive dinner, let’s talk about it for a hot second here. You might have a few questions before you go ahead and get started, so let’s address them first:
How long do you boil chicken?
There is NO need to boil beforehand with this method. BUT if you want to do it faster on the stove, you can. You will make boiled chicken according to our instructions, drain and add other ingredients.
How is chicken breast crushed?
When you slowly cook it this way, or make Ninja Foodi crack chicken, it literally falls apart. Use two forks gently and it will be crushed without any effort.
Ready for the best easy and cheap cooker meal that also costs less than $20? This is one of the best crockpot chicken recipes
Crack chicken recipe
Chicken with cream cheese
This is what many people call this, especially if they are around children. The other may be biased into something it is not, so neither works. I mean anything with this creamy dairy product comes out with your mouth watering. Period.
- Our Instant Pot crack chicken casserole has been our
- most popular crack chicken sauce and is ideal as an appetizer or snack with sliced bread or chips.
crack chicken recipe
- Chicken breasts or chicken thighs will work for this: I normally use what’s for sale boneless
- , skinless
- or pieces of real bacon
- package of ranchero seasoning
- Use 1.5 tablespoons homemade ranchera sauce mix below if you can’t find packages
- Garlic cheese
- Diced green onions are optional I
cheese Cooked bacon
at the store
buy these things in bulk because I use them so often. However, I’ve had people living in countries outside the United States say they’ve never heard of it. So I have help for all of you below. In fact, you can do it yourself if it’s not available or if you want to make it much cheaper in bulk.
Homemade ranchero seasoning
If you can’t find it in the store where you are, I have a quick way to do it here:
- c whey
- tablespoon onion powder and garlic powder
- teaspoons dill
- /2 teaspoon bell pepper 1 tablespoon
powder Just 1 teaspoon sea salt 1
You can cut some scallions into cubes and add some to the mixture, as well as some on top when served. These just add a little texture and color mostly.
I will say that this is not the most beautiful dish as it is. It’s all white with no variation and a little soft in appearance, so if you want to pretty it, this will work very well. Personally, I don’t really care, but you might be you.
You can use this mixture to make crack chicken soup as well. Use ALL dry ingredients instead of the packaged type. Mix and use 1.5 – 2 tablespoons for this recipe. If you live in a rural area, you may not be able to find a dry ranch mix, so this can be helpful.
Crockpot chicken recipe
It is not totally necessary, but for easy cleaning, I suggest spraying the inside of your pot with nonstick spray. Some use crockpot liners, but I’m not a fan of cooking with plastic of any kind. However, it is totally up to you.
- Place your boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or you can use thighs if you prefer) on the bottom. Cut the cream cheese to room temperature into 4 equal pieces and place it on top of its meat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning of the ranch dressing package on top of that. Then, grated cheeses go above everything else.
- If you want to add some garlic powder and/or pepper, now would be the time to do so.
- Close the lid and adjust to 6-8 hours or over high heat for 3-4 hours of cooking. I always opt for low and slow when it comes to meat.
Shred the chicken and add bacon and/or green onions at this time. Serve on slicing buns, with chips as a sauce, or low-carb dinner.
I’m not kidding, the taste of the ranch isn’t overwhelming, but it provides a TON of flavor that carries this chicken slow cooker recipe on top.
Here are a few more questions you could ask. You don’t have to buy fancy fork crushing devices to make this happen, 2 forks work well.
How is chicken forked?
Use one hand or fork to
- keep the chicken steady
- With the other hand use another fork to scrape and tear the meat into small shredded pieces
- Then mix with other ingredients if it is not simple shredded chicken
This is a great recipe to serve when you have people on you, or to take to a meal. Why? Because you can double this if necessary and cook a little more for larger crowds.
It’s also a pretty cheap crockpot recipe because there are very few ingredients and you can find store brands for just about everything.
How is crack chicken served?
It’s totally up to you, of course, but I have some suggestions if you’re looking for some new ideas:
- Inner lettuce wraps In
- small slider rolls Piled
- into hamburger buns for sandwiches
- Served over white rice
You can serve it only with one side of steamed vegetables for a healthier option as well. That’s probably my younger daughters’ favorite way.
you’re looking for a ketogenic version, you can use lettuce wraps instead of making Hawaiian rolls like you would with sliders. Chicken broth or water is not necessary to do this because when the meat is cooked it will create the liquid that will need to be cooked properly and become creamy.
- Looking for comfort food? This is it!!
If you’re looking for a healthy crack chicken recipe, why bother??? This is creamy chicken FULL of flavor, a kind of guilty pleasure. We all need a cheating meal and this one is worth it.
Looking for other easy chicken crockpot recipes
We love our chicken crockpot cacciatore. That’s on the healthier side of things.
- The chicken soup in the cooking pot isn’t just for those days when you feel bad
- crockpot orange chicken recipe has no breading and only needs a few ingredients
- thighs are also always easy
- And chicken with cheese and slow cooker rice rocks.
as well. Slow cooking chicken
crack chicken recipe
Print the recipe below and enjoy.