Best Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches (Video!)
The tender Crazy French dip sandwiches with spices are incredibly delicious and are the easiest meal to dine or party!
You haven’t eaten a French sauce sandwich until you try this French sauce recipe! These French Dips have very favorable reviews for a reason: they are worthy of being very favorable! The meat is cooked slowly and slowly, cut into slices and then put back in the slow cooker so that it drinks all the juices and melts in the mouth. Stack that juicy meat on a golden toast topped with sticky cheese and then soak in the flavor that bursts au jus and arguably the most deliciously delicious snack. you. life.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE FOR LATER
Video of the recipe of the slow cooker French sandwich What is a French sauce sandwich? The classic French Dip Sandwich is a hot
with thin, tender slices of layered beef on a
long French roll, often with melted cheese, then dipped in a tasty sauce made from the pan juices called “au jus,” French for “broth” or “with juice.”
Who invented the French sauce sandwich?
The French Dip Sandwich did not originate in France, but its creator, Philippe Mathieu, was French. Phillipe owned a sandwich shop in Los Angeles, Philippe the Original that still exists today.
According to the story, Philippe was making a sandwich for a policeman and accidentally dropped the sliced French roll into drops from a roasting pan. Instead of buying new bread, Phillipe served bathed bread and the policeman loved it so much that he returned the next day with friends asking that all their sandwiches be dipped in the drops of meat, and thus The French Dip Sandwich was born.
French Sauce Sandwich I had high expectations for my French sauce sandwich recipe,
but this French sauce is so good, I’m going to take a chance and call it the BEST French sauce sandwich recipe out there (update: hundreds of you agree with the comments, thank you!). Sometimes you create a recipe that melts so much in your mouth, savor every fleshy and cheesey bite, delicious that you get dizzy just dreaming of when you can consume it again and know that you will be the best friend forever and ever.
These slow-cooking French dip sandwiches are one such recipe. And almost as exciting as the taste is the fact that it takes everything but 5 minutes to prepare. We are already planning to make these for New Year’s because they are the best dinner/easiest ever! If we can wait that long…
What makes this the best French sauce recipe?
1. This is the slow cooker liquid that will become your dunkable au jus. This magical bath of beef of beef broth, soy sauce and Coca-Cola (inspired by my Chipotle Sweet Pulled Pork), topped with dried chopped onions, dried thyme, oregano, garlic and onion powder is a tasty spicy perfection. But that alone isn’t enough to make these obsessive and dignified French sandwiches. The meat has to be very tender…
2. To achieve such tenderness that melts in the mouth, the roast is cooked low and slow for 4 hours, then cut into thin slices while mostly cooked but firm enough to hold together. The roasted slices continued to cook for another 2 hours, so the seasoned broth can permeate every inch of thinly sliced meat, leaving you with the most incredibly tender and tasty beef.
3. And then the Cheeeeeese. The meat is so melted in your tender mouth, I guarantee you will be devouring this meat alone, no cheese, no sandwich, just wet meat bathed in flavor. But when you finally find the willpower to walk away to stack your hoagie rolls or buns with your can’t = stop eating meat, top with provolone cheese and bake until the cheese is sticky and bubbly. Because a toasted melted cheese bun full of tasty meat can only be improved by…
4. Dip our French Dip in the best au jus sauce! The leftover salty juices from the slow cooker penetrate further into the meat and bun, leaving it deliciously dripping and soaked in more flavor.
French Sauce Sandwich Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients to make the BEST slow cooker French sauce sandwiches!
Roast beef: Meat can weigh about 3 pounds, but 3 pounds is about the amount for 6
- Hoagie buns: Ultra soft and perfect for soaking in French dip au jus
- Provolone cheese: Lots of flavor, but also ultra sticky
- Use reduced-sodium soy sauce or the French sauce will be too salty
- Coca-Cola: Tenderizes and adds flavor to meat; Please do not use diet.
- Meat consume: Meat broth can usually be found in the canned section next to beef broth OR soups.
- Beef broth: Adds a depth of concentrated meaty flavor. You can also use an amount just as better than broth.
- spices: This Crockpot French sauce is seasoned with dried chopped onions, garlic powder, dried oregano and more!
. Soy sauce:
Dried herbs and
How to Make French Sauce Sandwiches
Are you ready for the easiest meat sauce recipe ever?
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then seal
- charred meat and pan drops to a slow cooker. Add
- remaining ingredients
- Simmer for 4 hours and then remove the roast to a cutting board. Finely cut the roast through the grain.
- Put the sliced meat back in a slow cooker and continue cooking on low heat for an additional 1-2 hours
- Make sandwiches, then bake to melt the cheese. Yum!
the meat all over. Add the
Tips for the best French
- your grocery store doesn’t offer
- Trim the roast beef of any excess fat before burning it.
- If you’re done with leftovers, save the meat AND French sauce! Leftover sandwiches are not the same without au jus!
beef consumption, you can substitute beef broth.
Can I prepare the French Dip in advance? YES
! I think this French sauce tastes much better if it’s made in advance, or partially in advance. Once the meat is cooked to slice, I like to refrigerate it, then the next day reheat it, cut it into slices and proceed to make the meat sauce sandwiches.
- Cook beef until tender, but don’t cut
- Remove the ceramic insert from the slow cooker and let it cool to room temperature (for food safety and because it can crack if placed directly in the refrigerator).
- Refrigerate the meat in the juices for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to heat, Remove all hardened fat.
- Simmer in the slow cooker for 1-2 hours until warmed up.
- Cut the beef and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Continue as directed.
How to Store Crockpot French Dip
You should store your cooked French sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to refrigerate mine with some of the slow cooker juices to get more moisture and flavor. When stored properly, cooked meat will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can even eat it straight from the fridge!
How to Reheat the Slow Cooker
French sauce reheats beautifully, but don’t forget to save some of the slow cooker liquid so you can add it to your leftover meat when it is reheated to prevent it from drying out
- Crockpot: Add some juice and simmer for 1-2 hours
- over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated
- Microwave: Transfer smaller portions to a microwave-safe dish with a little jus, cover with a microwave-safe lid or paper towel. Microwave for 60 seconds, stir, then continue in the microwave for 30-second intervals, if necessary.
. Stove: Transfer to a Dutch oven with a little jus and heat
CAN I FREEZE SLOW COCOKER French Dip?
Yes, you certainly can! You can freeze both rolls and meat sauce.
Let the meat
- cool completely
- Transfer the meat to an airtight container or sturdy freezer bag along with some of the juices (to keep it juicy).
- Squeeze excess air to prevent frostbite
- Label and freeze for up to 3 months
- When you’re ready to eat, thaw the French dip in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in the slow cooker, microwave, or stove.
What to serve with French Dip Sandwiches?
Serve your French Dip sandwiches with:
- cheese salad and blue cheese macaroni
- Ranch Creamy
- Baked Beans with Brown Sugar and Bacon
- Baked Parmesan Potato Fries
- Perfect fruit salad
Salad with Bacon
LOOKING FOR MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES?
- cooker Honey Balsamic meat
- Beef breast
- cooker Stroganoff
- Meat & Sauce Tips
- Cooker Stew
Slow cooker Slow
Beef Slow Cooker
Slow cooker Beef Barbecue Slow
Italian Slow Cooker Sandwiches Carlsbad
You may also like these favorite dinner recipes:
Slow cooker beef breast with BEST EVER BBQ sauce
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs
Philadelphia Cheese© Steak
Suffocated Mexican Chicken Burritos
Lasagna soup from a pot