How to make ghee in slow cooker – RuchisKitchen
There’s nothing like homemade ghee, so fresh and pure! Making homemade ghee/clarified butter in a slow cooker is much easier than you think.
Ghee, a type of clarified butter is an essential part of Indian cuisine. It is used in day-to-day cooking ranging from sweet to salty. Ghee is digestible, healthy and packed with essential nutrients. How to Make Ghee in Slow Cooker
Its rich nutty flavor makes it a perfect accompaniment to curry and other foods. Add a tablespoon to your soups and curry and add exceptional flavor to any dish. How to make ghee in slow cooker
But did you know?
Ghee and butter are made up of different components. Butter itself is made from cream whipped butterfat, water, and milk solids. And the ghee that is reduced from butter is nothing more than pure, aromatic butterfat – or sudh makhan.
How to make Ghee in a slow cooker? Ghee
is made from regular unsalted butter from grass-fed cow’s milk and, in some cases, buffalo milk. To make ghee, butter is slowly cooked in a pan or slow cooker until all water and casein (a protein found in the milk of all mammals) is removed.
Proteins (milk solids) coagulate at the bottom of the pan and all that’s left is a delicious fat that’s low in lactose and contains no casein. This healthy fat (ghee) can now be used for frying or cooking at high temperature, as it has a very high smoking point.
Similar to coconut oil, ghee has high nutritional value and is a rich source of vitamin A, D, E, and K. Because of these fantastic properties, ghee is healthy and excellent for cooking.
I like to call it G – Ghee is, H – Sent from heaven, E – Extraordinary, E – Elixir (medicinal potion). W to make slow cooker
Other ways to make ghee! How to make ghee in slow cooker
– You can also cook ghee in a rice cooker. Put it in the RICE/COOKING settings and follow the recipe below. Cooking time may vary by make and model.
Stove/Stove – FOR A STEP-BY-STEP STOVE GHEE RECIPE, FOLLOW THIS LINK.
pot – How to make Ghee in an Instant Pot?
Some tips to keep in mind!
- After the butter has melted, keep the lid slightly open for the rest of the time. The butter contains water and there will be some foam and bubbling, so keep the lid slightly open so that the steam escapes.
- For me, the total cooking time was 4.5 hours: 3 hours at HIGH and 1.5 hours at LOW. Depending on the model and temperature of the slow cooker, ghee may take longer to cook.
- into a glass jar: let it cool completely or the hot ghee will break the jar.
- If all the butter water evaporates and the milk solids brown properly, then ghee remains good for a long time. If water remains, the ghee will become rancid (rotten).
- Clarified butter/ghee has a longer shelf life, both at refrigerated (6 months or more) and at room temperature (2 months).
Strain the ghee
I hope you like this simple ghee recipe and try it. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them. I’d love to hear from you. ?