Mexican Shredded Beef in the Slow Cooker
Please share this post!
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is an incredibly versatile recipe that can be used in tacos or wraps or served with rice and roasted vegetables. The meat is slowly cooked to perfection, super tender and full of flavors including chipotle, oregano, cumin and lime.
Mexican shredded meat
The full list of ingredients and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the end of this publication. I highly recommend reading the blog post to the end so you don’t miss any replacement tips or suggestions; to make sure you have all the required ingredients and equipment, and to understand the steps and times involved.
Slow cooker recipes are generally very simple to prepare, and this Mexican shredded meat recipe is no exception.
In some recipes, you have to seal the meat everywhere before placing it in the cooking pot, which isn’t that important, but it can add time to your morning if you rush to dinner on the go before leaving the house.
No pre-cooking is required in this recipe – literally, put the meat in the slow cooker, throw away the rest of the ingredients, set the temperature (low and slow for at least 8 hours is better than high for less time) and you can be on your way!
The aromas emanating from your slow cooker during the day will make your mouth water! And if you’ve been out for the day and are coming home to cook this beef recipe, there’s nothing better than knowing that dinner is pretty much done!
Mexican shredded beef is one of those super easy and incredibly versatile recipes that can be served in many ways. Serve with baked potatoes or try it with cilantro and lime rice and salad. Or stack it on tortillas (or lettuce leaf wrappers to keep it low carb) or tacos with all the bindings, that’s great!
and equipment used in this recipe
While most ingredients can be purchased at grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon, Amazon Fresh, or other stores if they are available online. The full list of ingredients with measurements can be found on the recipe card.
- Protein – Beef Chuck Roast – one of the most economical cuts of meat. In the UK, this part is commonly referred to as “stewed steak” or “stew steak”. It is a cut that benefits from prolonged cooking.
- Fresh produce – onion, jalapeño, limes, cilantro (fresh cilantro).
- Ground cumin
- Smoked Paprika
- – use Mexican oregano if possible
- Canned tomatoes with green chili peppers: In the UK you can find this in a carton rather than a can. If you can’t, just use regular canned tomatoes and cut a couple of chili peppers to throw into the pot.
- Meat broth / Broth
powder Dried oregano
recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use cup measurements and/or weighted measures. American cups and kitchen food scales are useful pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen, as it means you’ll be able to make all the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.) with metrics (kilograms, grams, liters, etc.).
the hero ingredients in this dish is beef, so here are a few more recipes that use the same thing:
- Korean-style beef noodles Burgundy’s
- meat stew (also known as Beef bourgignon)
- Beef tenderloin stuffed with roasted vegetables
More slow cooker recipes Looking for more slow
inspo inspo of slow cooker? Check out these recipes below:
Slow pot of chicken and vegetable stew Slow cooker Shredded
- pork lettuce wraps Slow cooker
- Wild rice and mushroom
- Recipe Tips For best results, allow the meat to simmer for at least 8 hours.
How do I make Mexican shredded beef?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with all the ingredients and instructions. Demo photos are not printed to save their ink.
Make it a meal!
You’ve made the main course, but what about the rest of the dishes?
Here are additional recipes to make a complete meal!
- Appetizer: Chopped Mexican salad with creamy avocado dressing
- Easy refried beans
- Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Garnish
- Quick and easy hot sauce
- Drink: Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka
- Dessert: Mango and lime frozen yogurt
Recipe Garnish: Instant
There are 500+ recipes on the purple pumpkin blog for you to enjoy – feel free to check them out too
Please share this post!