Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket Recipe | Little Spice Jar
The delicious BBQ beef breast that melts in the mouth is not difficult to make! This slow cook breast recipe is easy to make and produces perfect results. Use the meat to make minced breast sandwiches or serve with your favorite side dishes!
<img src="https://littlespicejar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Slow-Cooker-BBQ-Beef-Brisket-9-710×1065.jpg" alt="sliced BBQ beef breast
Barbecue beef breast is what Texas is all about!
I can’t tell you the number of times we’ve called our friends and asked them if they want to get in the car and go get a breast sandwich with a blueberry shoemaker from our favorite barbecue shop in town. A minced breast sandwich filled with tender meat, sliced onions, pickled jalapeños and a bowl of salad on the side. If you’re a regular like me, you cross your fingers that when you get to the front of the line, they’ll have the burnt end (or tip) ready to cut for you! I love the extra crunchy crust!
All this to say that homemade barbecue beef breast is a must because then, I am guaranteed to get the tip burned every time, or you know, at least half!
What is breast
breast is a hard cut of meat that comes from the chest section or breast of the cow. The best method for cooking the breast is low and slow, so the collagen fibers and connective tissue break down and liquefy. You can’t eat weird breast, so it shouldn’t be pink in the center when you’re done cooking it.
Can you crush the beef breast on the barbecue?
Yes, if you wanted to, you could crush the breast. You’ll want to remove any fat left on the breast and crush the meat with two forks. You could cut the fat and add it back if you like it.
However, if you’re looking to make barbecued breast sandwiches, I suggest cutting the breast into small pieces instead of crushing it! It’s much easier to eat a sandwich that way!
and slow-cooked beef breast” />The breast of
Slow-cooking BBQ beef begins with a massage The breast
can be marinated for as little as 1 hour and up to 24 hours in advance. I find the taste extra delicious when you marinate, so I let it go for as long as I can! Dry massage is simple ingredients. You
- Condiments: You will need smoked paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, dried parsley, ground cumin, ground cilantro, oregano, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cayenne is optional if you prefer to keep things not spicy!
- brown sugar helps flavor the meat and the sugar will caramelize when we place it in the oven to form that ‘crust’
- Oil: We are using a tablespoon to help combine the dry ingredients and help them adhere
- Vinegar: A small amount of apple cider vinegar is used to flavor the rubbing.
to the breast.
to make slow-cooker barbecued beef breast:
- Start by rubbing the breast with the pasta. Pat the breast dry. Combine the ingredients in a bowl and, when combined, rub the paste all over the breast on both sides. Cover the breast with plastic wrap and let marinate for 1 hour and up to 24 hours in advance.
- Prepare the ingredients of the slow cooker. Combine homemade barbecue sauce, beef broth and soy sauce in a measuring cup and set aside. Take a large onion and cut it in the center. Place the cut sides down in the slow cooker. The onion will act as a trivet for the breast. Add the breast to the slow cooker with the fat side facing up. Pour the prepared sauce over the breast. Cover the slow cooker and let it simmer for 6-8 hours, you should stop slow cooking when the breast reaches an internal temperature of 175ºF. It will rise another 10 degrees in the oven.
- Form that crust. Once you have slowly cooked the breast, remove it to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and a wire baking rack. We will use a fat separator to remove the fat from the sauce. Then, spread the breast with the skimmed sauce and bake until the outside forms a deep crust.
- Let it sit. Once golden, remove the breast from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil. The temperature will continue to rise another 10 degrees, so it is important to remove the breast when it reaches 185ºF. This allows the breast to rest and redistribute the juices. Once rested, cut the meat and serve!
What is the best way to cut breast?
To make sure you get a tender bite of meat, I suggest cutting the breast against the grain.
What to serve
with homemade beef breast:
I have a bunch of recipes that would pair beautifully with my homemade beef breast recipe. I would suggest my southern smoked beans, homemade coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato salad (coming soon).
If you’re serving this as a chopped breast sandwich, I suggest stacking the meat on brioche buns, with sliced sweet onions, pickled onions. Also, you want to dip or sprinkle the sandwich in homemade barbecue sauce, it makes it so amazing!
Other meat recipes you’ll love:
- Grilled Beef
- Rancher’s Texas ChiliInstant
- Meat Bowls Restaurant-style meat shawarma
- Cuban slow cooker Shredded
- ridiculously tender meat tips with
mushroom sauce Other sandwiches to try:
- Homemade careless Joes
- Crispy brined chicken sandwich in pickles
- sauce sandwich
- Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich (Banh Mi)
- Kofta Pita Sandwich
Slow sauce sandwich French
<img src="https://littlespicejar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Slow-Cooker-BBQ-Beef-Brisket-13-710×1065.jpg" alt="Close-up of the