Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Meatballs – Persnickety Plates
Sweet and spicy dumplings are the perfect appetizer for game day or any easy gathering in the slow cooker. Preparing frozen dumplings in the simple cooker is easy, delicious and always a treat for the crowd!
I’m not a big sports fan, But I’m all for party food. Buffalo chicken sauce, homemade sauce, instant hummus – you will find me facing the spread.
sweet and spicy and easy crockpot dumplings
are the perfect complement to the lineup.
Not only are they the perfect candidate for the football party meal, this delicious meatball recipe is so easy to put together that you’ll want them at all your parties (or just for dinner!).
You just need frozen dumplings and a few other ingredients, making them so easy!
Hanging out with friends and family > to spend all day in the kitchen, so I like dishes with minimal effort when we have meetings. The frozen dumplings in the cooking pot are PERFECT!
- Ingredients Meatballs – You’ll need a 2-pound bag of frozen dumplings. We usually opt for beef, but turkey or plant-based dumplings will work too! Of course you could make homemade meatballs. They are easy and it is good to have a batch in the freezer for these types of dishes.
- Brown sugar – Add a little of the sweet without being too much.
- Honey – Honey in meatballs is a must for sweet in this recipe.
- Jalapeño Ketchup – Heinz makes a jalapeno ketchup, but you can also make your own.
- – Sriracha is a chili sauce to add heat. If you don’t have any, Sambal Oelek (which I use in my hot BBQ sauce) will work too.
- Soy sauce – I like to use low-sodium soy sauce, which helps balance out sweet and spicy. Coconut amino acids could also be used.
- Garlic – Chop a few cloves for the sauce
- Sliced green onions – Used as a garnish for meatballs. You can also use chopped cilantro instead.
Equipment you’ll need
- Crockpot: I’ve had this slow cooker for years and highly recommend it. It changes to “hot” after the designated cooking time, which is very useful.
- Tweezers – I love these to handle high temperatures as they have silicone tips.
- : I like sticky bottoms so that the bowls do not slide.
- Whisk – This is the most comfortable whisk I think I’ve ever had. Ideal for mixing.
<img src="https://www.persnicketyplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/sweet-spicy-slow-cooker-meatballs-1-1024×1024.jpg" alt="sweet and spicy slow cooker dumplings on a
a slow cooker
- (you’ll want at least a size of 4 ct, mine is 6 ct). STEP TWO:
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, honey, ketchup, sriracha, soy sauce, and garlic until well combined.
- STEP THREE: Pour the sauce mixture over the meatballs and mix to cover them completely. Cook in LOW for 5-6 hours, or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- STEP FOUR: Serve your hot dumplings, garnished with green onions or chopped cilantro.
to serve with them Some of
our favorite recipes to serve with this spicy snack are hot wings, buffalo chicken sauce, spinach and artichoke sauce and taco sauce
If you have them as a main course, a great way to serve them is with brown rice or noodles and a vegetable.
Follow with a treat like brownies, cupcakes filled with cheesecake, or Reese’s Pieces cookies.
How long to cook frozen dumplings in the slow cooker
. Frozen dumplings should be cooked for 2-3 hours in HIGH or 5-6 hours in LOW in
the cooking pot, stirring occasionally.
If you have time, low and slow really absorb the flavors leaving you with moist and delicious meatballs.
Should I thaw the dumplings before putting them in the cooking pot?
No. As long as you’re cooking your dumplings for at least 2 hours in ALTO, you don’t need to thaw them before putting them in the cooking pot. They come fully cooked and just need to be heated.
If you don’t have at least 2 hours of cooking time, start with thawed dumplings
How to store leftovers
Store leftover spicy dumplings from the party in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator
Can I freeze them?
don’t recommend it, no. Since you start with frozen dumplings, I wouldn’t refreeze them. Once is enough.
More meatball recipes Mozzarella Stuffed meatballs Blueberry meatballs
buffalo dumplings Slow
Click here to see my entire Collection of Meatball Recipes.