Slow Cooker Vegan Chilli – Healthy Living James
Excited to introduce my vegan chili Slow Cooker. This recipe is so simple and easy to make, you wouldn’t believe it! It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and is inexpensive as it feeds 4 for less than £1 per person. I guarantee this will be a recipe you make over and over again, and one the family will really love!
Difficulty of the recipe – Very easy
This slow cooking vegan chili is absolutely brilliant for this time of year. Especially when the nights are cooler and darker and you feel like something warm and comforting, but you don’t want the fuss of cooking. The flavors that the slow cooker brings out are crazy!
It’s definitely a recipe for me right now and I’m sure it will be for you soon too! If you don’t have a slow cooker or are short on time, fear not, you can still use a pot on the countertop, which would speed up the recipe.
I wanted to create this slow cooker vegan chili since my comforting black bean chili has been so popular. Coupled with the ever-increasing popularity of slow cookers, I thought it would be a win for everyone! In addition to being served over some rice, quinoa, or even my herb-salted Hasselback potatoes, it’s the perfect quick and easy dinner (or lunch for leftovers the next day!)
Skip to:Ingredients to make Slow Cooker Vegan chilli pepper How to make Slow Cooker Vegan Chilli
- Leftover Team
- Frequently Asked Questions Recipe
- make Slow Cooker
Reviews Ingredients to
- Vegan Chilli Mushrooms – I used chestnut mushrooms for their size, color and flavor, but you can also use baby bellas, sliced portobelilos or mushrooms.
- Red pepper: I’ve used a red pepper here as it adds color and texture to the chili, but you can use any other colored pepper if you prefer
- . Beans: Beans are a great source of plant-based protein and add great texture to slow-cooked chili
- Onion – I’ve used a white onion in this recipe, but a red onion would also work
- Garlic – adding garlic offers a mild spice and adds more flavor
- Chopped tomatoes – These provide the basis for Slow Cooker vegan chili and provide the perfect level of liquid and acidity.
- Cumin – This is a rich and abundant spice and really improves the flavor
- – I love ground cilantro, it’s floral and citrus and pairs nicely with the other spices
- Cinnamon: Not a common ingredient for a chili, but it adds some warmth and subtle sweetness to the chili without it being spicy
- Vegetable broth: This adds concentrated flavor and actually enhances
Chili powder: This adds a soft, subtle heat to the vegan chili Ground cilantro
the vegan chili pepper
See the recipe card at the bottom of this page for quantities.
How to Make Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
First, finely chop the
onion and garlic and chop the mushroom and pepper
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, Open the lid and cook over high heat for 3 hours 30 minutes or low for 7 hours
- Substitutions Beans – If you don’t have beans or don’t like them, I would substitute them for another type of bean like black beans.
- Vegetarian – If you’re not vegan or vegetarian, you can add some minced meat to the slow cooker to make a chili con carne
- Vegetables – If you don’t have peppers or mushrooms, don’t worry. You can include almost any leftover vegetables that you need to use in
- Spicy variations – this recipe is gentle for everyone to enjoy. If you wanted to increase the spice, you could add some extra chili powder. You can also use a medium or hot chili powder instead. Alternatively, you can top the vegan chili with freshly chopped chilies!
- Deluxe – In my opinion, I think this slow cooking vegan chili is already in your A-game! However, if you wanted to make it more luxurious, I would serve it with rice, quinoa, or on top of my herb-salted Hasselback potatoes. I would top it with freshly chopped cilantro and a good spoonful of coconut yogurt or vegan sour cream.
- Kid-friendly – This is a great recipe for getting kids involved. As I mentioned earlier, this is a very gentle recipe. However, if you have a child who is particularly sensitive to spices, don’t hesitate to drop the chili powder. You could add some smoked paprika instead. My homemade sweet potato gnocchi recipe is a brilliant recipe for engaging kids. It’s a super simple recipe to follow and you only need 2 ingredients that you’ll probably have in your home closets!
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
cooled leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days, or up to 3 months in a freezer. You can also divide portions into individual containers to prepare meals before a busy week. If you cook for freezing, let it thaw completely, before gently reheating on the countertop until it is very hot.
Are you ready to try this delicious recipe? I’m so excited to hear what you think.
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you’re doing. Listening to positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes, so please check it out below and leave a comment! P.S. Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – subscribe and receive a free recipe ebook!