Easy Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup – Eating on a Dime
I love a classic soup recipe to enjoy in fall and winter. This Crockpot chicken vegetable soup is packed with tons of nutritious vegetables and can be prepared in minutes in the clay pot.
Slow cooker vegetable and chicken soup recipe:
Are you ever in the mood for soup but still want something light? This clay pot chicken vegetable soup recipe does just that. It’s full of flavor with hardly any work!
Crock Pot chicken and vegetable soup is a light soup, but still quite tasty. We serve it with our homemade cornbread recipe or our easy homemade muffin recipe for the perfect meal combination.
Both cornbread and muffins taste wonderfully dipped into this clay pot vegetable chicken soup recipe. I think you will love it as much as my family.
The recipe for Crock Pot chicken and vegetable soup
by combining chopped chicken breasts and frozen vegetables with some seasonings, you can create a tasty crockpot chicken vegetable soup
This soup is full of flavor due to the simple ingredients. To be honest, I’m still amazed at how delicious it is every time I do it.
We love doing this because it’s healthy and comforting on a cold day. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free and the clay pot does all the work.
This recipe can also be made in an electric pressure cooker. Just follow this instant pot chicken vegetable soup recipe here. However, if you choose to do it, I know you’ll love this flavorful soup recipe!
- chopped potatoes
- Frozen vegetable package, use carrot mixtures, corn and green beans
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Water or chicken broth
- Italian seasoning Salt
pepperHow is Crock Pot chicken vegetable soup made?
Ok, let’s start great with how to make slow cooker chicken soup. Making this soup in the clay pot allows you to let it do all the work. Just pour all the ingredients and get on with your day. That’s my kind of recipe.
- Step 1 – Combine the ingredients in Crockpot – First, place the diced chicken at the bottom of the clay pot. Then combine all the ingredients in the cooking pot.
- Step 2 – Stir to combine and cook – Once all the ingredients have been added, stir to combine. Next, cover and cook in the clay pot and simmer for 6 hours or high for 3.
- Step 3 – Serve and enjoy – When ready to be enjoyed, serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and your favorite bagels.
How long does it take for the soup to cook in a slow cooker?
Most of my soup recipes take about 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high to cook in a slow cooker. If the soup doesn’t include meat or chicken (only vegetables), then you’ll want to cut back on cooking times.
Can I use frozen chicken breast?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breast for this recipe. It may be necessary to increase the cooking time a little, but I have used frozen chicken breast and it was delicious. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the soup and crumble the chicken.
Add the chicken
back to the soup and serve
What to serve with chicken and vegetable soup?
French bread –
- Make some toasted garlic bread for the perfect side with this soup
- Breadsticks – These garlic and cheese bread sticks are perfect for soaking in your soup. This also allows you to get the last drop of soup.
- Roasted vegetables – Roast some broccoli or asparagus for a tasty side with this soup.
Can I prepare in advance?
Yes, this soup is perfect to be made in advance. There is little preparation work that needs to be done. That’s why we like to use frozen or canned vegetables for an easy-to-dump and cook recipe.
If I’m serving this for a crowd, you can prepare ahead of time and place it in the refrigerator or freeze it. Then, when ready to serve, pour back into the slow cooker and serve after heating well.
- Chicken – Before placing the chicken in the slow cooker, we recommend dicing it. But you can put the whole chicken and then crumble it once you’re done cooking.
- oven – If you prefer, you can make this chicken soup in a Dutch oven on the stove. Cooking soup in a pot is an easy way to make this soup.
Variations of chicken soup
- Chicken – We use chicken breast for this recipe. But you can also use leftover chicken or roast chicken to make this soup.
- Vegetables – Feel free to change the vegetables in this recipe. We use frozen but you can use fresh vegetables. The onions, carrots and celery combined with the other ingredients make a delicious soup.
- Diced tomatoes – You can mix diced tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes
- Change the seasoning: Instead of using a mixture of Italian seasonings, you can mix the soup with fresh herbs. You can also add olive oil.
How to store leftover
Store your leftover chicken soup in individual containers and place it in the refrigerator. This soup will stay fresh for about 4 days. We think the soup tastes even better the next day, as the ingredients are actually marinated together.
How to freeze chicken and vegetable soup:
This soup is perfect for freezing before cooking. Simply place all the ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze until you are ready to eat. Then, on the day you’re ready to eat it, you can place the frozen ingredients in the instant pot for a quick dinner.
Another idea is to freeze after cooking. Then you can reheat it for a quick dinner. We love easy meals like this, so we can have a healthy dinner at the table so we can enjoy family time.
It’s also great to put the cooked soup in individual containers for a quick lunch. Learning to freeze soup has been a game-changer in my house. Now I usually make a double batch on purpose to have to have extra to freeze.
Easy Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe:
This soup is the perfect soup to warm up on a cold day. It’s loaded with delicious ingredients that can be changed to what you have on hand.
Serve this soup with your favorite crusty bread for an easy weekday meal.
Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe below: More Vegetable Soup Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe Easy Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken
- Soup Recipe
Easier clay pot soup
: Chicken Pot Pie Clay pot soup recipe Crockpot cabbage roll soup recipe Italian sausage clay pot soup recipe
- Clay pot
soup recipe Italian wedding soup recipe
Soup Recipe chicken