May 29, 2019
Most bike owners believe they can ride a bike anywhere in the country. this could be attributed to the fact that their driver’s license says they can drive across the country. But just because you can drive in every state and union territory with that document doesn’t mean it applies to your particular vehicle. If you ever have to move to another state or union territory and want to take your bike with you, there is an important paperwork to do. you must re-register your bike in order to ride it in the new state in which you will be using it. You can legally use your vehicle in the other state only after completing the re-registration process and obtaining a no objection certificate or noc. let’s understand everything there is to know about noc for two wheelers.
Reading: What does noc stand for in insurance
what is noc?
a certificate of no objection or noc is a legal document issued by the regional transportation office (rto). If you intend to move from one state to another and take your two-wheeler with you, you must re-register your vehicle in the new state. The NOC document essentially certifies the fact that you have no remaining tax dues in your current state. That said, the only circumstance where you don’t need to get a two-wheeler NOC is if you’re traveling to another state for up to three months. noc must be obtained for stays of 3 months. Government regulations state that you must apply for a change of address and re-register your bike if you need to stay in another state for more than a year. The NOC must be obtained from the local rto where you originally registered your vehicle.
how to get noc for two wheelers: the offline process
just follow the steps mentioned below to get your noc certificate
- To start the noc process, you (the vehicle owner) must visit the local rto in person.
- You need to request the cmv 28 form, which you must fill out properly. You will be asked to provide basic details such as your name, address, contact number, vehicle registration number, driver’s license number, etc.
- The completed form must be submitted together with the documents mentioned in the form. You also need to pay a small fee of ₹100 along with the application form.
- after submitting the request, the rto contacts the local police to verify whether or not your vehicle has been involved in any traffic violations or criminal cases in the past.
- In the absence of pending fees or pending department statutory action (dsa) cases against your bike, the rto obtains a warrant and your noc is issued.
- registration certificate or rc book of your two-wheeler
- your bicycle insurance certificate
- the emissions test certificate, also known as a puc (pollution under control) certificate
- print in pencil of the chassis number of the motorcycle to be presented together with the cmv 28 form
- proof of identity with authenticated photograph of the owner of the bicycle
- authenticated proof of address of bicycle owner
- passport size photograph to be certified on the form
documents required to obtain noc for two-wheelers
You must submit the documents mentioned below along with the cmv 28 form to obtain the noc.
final words and things to remember
It usually takes approximately three business days for the rto to start the noc process, while the certificate is issued between seven and twenty days. If you find the above mentioned process complicated and wondering how to apply for two wheeler noc online, then you should know that currently the government has not made available any provision that allows vehicle owners to complete the noc process. online.