benefits and prices vary based on your age and zip code. A quick search of the eHealth marketplace for a 35-year-old non-smoker in Dallas shows a variety of options.
Monthly premiums range from $14.99 to $60 and maximum annual benefits range from $1,000 to $3,000 per person, with some plans having no annual maximum. the annual deductible for individuals ranges from $0 to $150, but for most available plans, it ranges from $50 to $100.
While many dental insurance providers sell plans in Texas, we’ve chosen the top four based on an analysis of plan availability and variety, benefits, network size, average premiums and deductible costs, waiting periods, and other limitations.
delta dental insurance company
delta dental is one of the largest dental insurance providers in the united states, with more than 80 million customers in all 50 states, plus puerto rico and other united states. territories.
The company has a national network of 39 subsidiary companies. In Texas, their plans are backed by Alpha Dental Programs, Inc.
delta dental offers basic and premium versions of its dpo offering; both include a network of 2,049 general dentists and free cleanings. Teeth whitening, dentures, and implant coverage are also available on some plans.
delta dental offers three plans for a 40 year old living in austin. all require a $10 registration fee.
- delta dental basic individual dpo: $19.92 per month; 100% coverage for preventive care; fillings and extractions require a six-month waiting period; $50 annual deductible and $1,000 annual maximum
- Delta Dental Premium Single DPO: $42.25 per month; 100% coverage for preventive care; fillings and teeth whitening require a six-month waiting period; coverage for root canals, crowns, dentures and implants after 12 months; $50 annual deductible and $1,500 annual maximum
- deltacare usa txa70 individual and family program: $12.50 per month in a payment of $150; no waiting periods, annual maximums, or deductibles; however, there are copays for most procedures; coverage for orthodontic services; access to 78 primary care centers
- deductible: $50
- maximum benefit: $1,000-$1,500
- copayments: $0-$20
- preventive care: 100% covered in the indemnity plan; 80%-100% covered in the ppo plan
- diagnostic services: 80%-100% covered
- basic care: 50%-80% covered
- senior care: 50%
- no waiting period for preventive care
- primestar protect network 2000: $38.38 monthly premium; $50 deductible; maximum annual benefit of $2,000; 100-80-50 cost sharing for preventive, basic and major dental services; no waiting periods; works with a provider network
- primestar protect network 1000: same as above but with a monthly premium of $31.80 and a maximum benefit of $1,000
- primestar protect 2000: $56.68 monthly premium; $50 deductible; maximum annual benefit of $2,000; 100-80-50 cost sharing for preventive, basic and major services; no waiting periods; you can use out-of-network providers, but you’ll save money by staying in network
- primestar protect 1000: same as above but $45.28 monthly premium and $1,000 maximum monthly premium benefit
- Essential dental: $17.98/month estimated premium; $50 deductible; $1,000 annual maximum; $50 deductible for basic services; preventive care 80% covered; basic services covered at 50% after a waiting period of four months; non-covered core services
- primary plus dental: estimated premium of $33.14/month; $50 deductible; $1,000 annual maximum; no waiting periods; $50 deductible for basic services; 100% covered preventive care; basic services 50% covered; non-covered core services
- premier choice dental: estimated premium of $42.04/month; $50 deductible; $1,500 annual maximum; no waiting periods; $50 deductible for basic and major services; 100% covered preventive care; basic services 50% covered; main services 10% covered; orthodontics not covered
- premier plus dental: $48.89/month estimated premium; $50 deductible; $2,000 annual maximum; no waiting periods; $50 deductible for basic and major services; 100% covered preventive care; basic services 35% covered; main services 10% covered; Orthodontia 50% covered (12-month waiting period and $1,000 lifetime maximum applies)
As the world’s largest health insurer, UnitedHealth Group serves more than 40 million members in the United States. offers a wide selection of dental plans with no age limit restrictions. preventive care is covered with no deductible or waiting periods. plans are backed by the golden rule insurance company.
A 27-year-old man living in Fort Worth, Texas has 10 plan options on the company’s website. here is a sample:
independence of the American insurance company
independence american insurance company is known for its specialized health insurance, which includes a line of ppo and indemnity dental products.
both models offer similar rates and cost sharing:
on the company’s website, quote results from a 50-year-old woman living in houston show six options with deductibles priced at $50 per person and monthly premiums ranging from $22.72 to $41, 35.
you deserve life
Founded in 1887 and selling dental plans since 1959, Ameritas Life is a well-established industry player. the company offers dental and vision plans to more than 8 million people nationwide.
Ameritas boasts that its dental network is one of the largest in the United States, with participating providers offering savings of 25% to 50% on out-of-pocket costs.
Most ameritas dental plans offer next day coverage. all plans have no enrollment fees and cover 100% of in-network preventive visits.
based on a search on the ameritas website, someone living in san antonio has the following dental-only insurance options: